Xerox Versant 180 mottling

cmyk burnley

Hi Guys!

Ive got my new V180 up and running at full steam ahead. Boy, a massive improvement from my 550! haha!

Anyways couple of queries if any of you could help me out.

1. Mottling on silk stocks. Ive created a media profile, ive calibrated to that media but still got mottling on solid colours. Anyone know how i can create a more solid?

2. Alignment with 350gsm - Ive got the auto alignment down to a fine art its nice and simple. In regards to 350gsm stock. It will only allow you to manually adjust the alignment. Is there a way of printing it single sided and scanning it for the alignment. Rather than making painful manual adjustments?

Thanks in advance

Lewis

I have a V80, so my equipment is somewhat different.

1. I had the same experience with silk/dull/matte/satin stocks. Our techs were never able to fully resolve the defects. Trying paper from different mills yielded the exact same issue. I eventually had to switch a few jobs to a gloss coated stock instead
2. Not that I know of on my V80. We cheat and use a 300 gsm alignment instead, which gets us through most of the time.

V80 here, as mentioned custom profile with 300gsm set and align with that for duplex. Works perfect.

For the mottling, have you set the image transfer setting in the profile?

Hi Guys

What would you set the image transfer at?

Ive been testing a few heavier stocks lately. here is the weird thing

Same brand of paper stock 300gsm uncoated really mottles - 350gsm uncoated perfect print

Do the image transfer selections visually match what the machine is picking? For reference for my 300gsm silk custom profile, I have image transfer settings currently set to -2 on both sides.

Have you had a tech look at it yet? May be a faulty part.

The engineer taught me how to solve the issue.

Sorted within minutes!

Keep adjusting the image transfer settings by 10 - 15%

After further testing with this....

Turns out it was a bad batch of card stock! Brand new batch worked perfectly. Paper supplier has admitted theyve had a few complaints

After further testing with this....

Turns out it was a bad batch of card stock! Brand new batch worked perfectly. Paper supplier has admitted theyve had a few complaints

Last year I was running some Accent Cover stock and had mottling. Adjusted the setting and it looked good, but then found out that I had to tweak it with each package. It seems like I have more trouble with mottling on Accent digital rated sheets than I ever have with non-Digital 60#. It seems like the presses don't like some of the "digital" papers.

Last year I was running some Accent Cover stock and had mottling. Adjusted the setting and it looked good, but then found out that I had to tweak it with each package. It seems like I have more trouble with mottling on Accent digital rated sheets than I ever have with non-Digital 60#. It seems like the presses don't like some of the "digital" papers.

We run Moo-Rim (i think thats what the spelling is) from Midland Paper all the time and have never had issues with it. Its a pretty economical stock coming from Korea i believe. Also run Carolina c2s and it always seems like its hit or miss on solids.

Ive had a few issues with the v180 to say its literally 3 weeks old.

Faded text issues, mottling, double feed sensors.

Hopefully it will settle in now

Set the stock to 300 gsm, create a custom paper setting, set the transfer, and you're good in most case to run alignments thereafter. For mottle, you'll want to look at image transfer and possibly the primary transfer (last screen in custom paper settings options). Put your stock under a spotlamp. If you're seeing the same pattern on prints, that's kind of normal: the transfer xrays the paper. Where its dark, its denser, so less toner, where it's light, its less dense, so more toner... remember transfer is a uniform electrical field, right?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back