Canon 7000 Registration issues

encoreBill

We have a Canon 7000vp- have had it for only a couple months. We are having trouble with front to back registration- reg is always off by 1/16" or more from from leading edge crop mark to back crop mark. This happens on a 12" x 18" sheet in the duplex mode.
We have tried to run one side , turn the paper over and run the back side but it doesn't seem to matter. We have the EFI Fiery application- Canon techs tell us this problem can be corrected in the Fiery- we can't seem to correct. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

:confused:

If I recall the Canon CED states +/- .5mm. Get in touch with your salesperson and tell them to honor the CED, that's what you aid the big bucks for. Usually they will have some pull on the service monkeys. If they won't call Janet Caine (SP?) at Canon USA and get their engineers involved.

I doubt it's an EFI Issue, can you do a registration test print directly from the 7000 and bypass the EFI? That will prove that it is mechanical/firmware, and not EFI.

You control front and back registration through the paper settings.

Each paper stock has its own settings the machine reads and adjust to. The machine will adjust temp based on the stock weight, type, etc. It will also compensate for shrink and shifts based on other settings made for that particular stock.

Make sure your stock settings are correct, and make sure you select that stock when running the job.

Typically any registration issues on a machine, especially a new one, are due to the installation technician not installing the paper drawers correctly, each one gets installed individually. Have them get in touch with Canon if they don't know this, it's a different procedure than any other machine.

CED is correct, +/- .5mm is the expectation.

Your description is a bit confusing. You say back to front registration is out which I assume is from the front of the machine to the back of the machine. Then you say the lead edge crop mark to the back crop mark is out and I take this as lead edge to trail edge. For either there should be a horizontal and vertical magnification adjustment on the machine as the only reason that the same image would not line up on the second side is that the paper has shrunk/expanded. So do a print and compare it to a piece of paper that you haven't printed on and I would say you would find your 1/16th of an inch.

The c6500 has chart adjustment so for stocks that are prone to this can be adjusted and stored in the paper catalogue. It will even adjust for skew.

Last edited:
Your description is a bit confusing. You say back to front registration is out which I assume is from the front of the machine to the back of the machine. Then you say the lead edge crop mark to the back crop mark is out and I take this as lead edge to trail edge. For either there should be a horizontal and vertical magnification adjustment on the machine as the only reason that the same image would not line up on the second side is that the paper has shrunk/expanded. So do a print and compare it to a piece of paper that you haven't printed on and I would say you would find your 1/16th of an inch.

The c6500 has chart adjustment so for stocks that are prone to this can be adjusted and stored in the paper catalogue. It will even adjust for skew.

What does the method the K-M 6500 uses have to do with Canon 7000VP registration?

Vedder has a very good questions although all techs are dealer techs unless the problem has been elevated to Canon USA. How well trained they are is open to question and that I think was his point.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back