Affordable offline UV coater for an IGEN

raminmd

We are a small marketing company and have an IGEN.

Most of the stuff we print is short run postcards/flyers etc. We have been getting a lot of requests for UV coating. However, our demand is not to the point where we can spend $30,000 or more on a UV coater.

Are there any low cost, affordable UV coaters out there for digital shops. We don't mind getting used equipment either. We are located in the Gaithersburg, MD area and have even looked for a trade printer who offered UV coating services but all of them require a 1000 sheet minimum order.

We never expected that getting a UV coating solution would be this hard.

We just bought one today from Tec Lighting for a location on the east coast. It's just a few thousand under $30,000, they are all pretty close from what I can tell: FMA, Tec Lighting, Olec, and i suspect the same price.

Here in the UK a product has been launched by Morgana, called the Digicoater, it can UV in Gloss, Matt or textured finishes. Not sure of costs though, sorry.

We also have a Tech lighting UV coater and so far I find that its the best one compared to the different versions available in the market

Ian

There is a UV coater that costs 7000 in Mexico called AGisa

There is a UV coater that costs 7000 in Mexico called AGisa

There is a UV coater that costs 7000 in Mexico called AGisa.com.mx or Toc.com.mx they both sell around 7000us I think.

Last edited:
UV coater

UV coater

I can offer you two choices:

New hand fed UV coater $18,000

Used auto feed and catch tray $16,000

Ed

[email protected]

We are a small marketing company and have an IGEN.

Most of the stuff we print is short run postcards/flyers etc. We have been getting a lot of requests for UV coating. However, our demand is not to the point where we can spend $30,000 or more on a UV coater.

Are there any low cost, affordable UV coaters out there for digital shops. We don't mind getting used equipment either. We are located in the Gaithersburg, MD area and have even looked for a trade printer who offered UV coating services but all of them require a 1000 sheet minimum order.

We never expected that getting a UV coating solution would be this hard.

I saw the Tech Lighting coater at Graph Expo. Talk about simplicity, that's the one I would get if I was in the market.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back