Collapse
Canon
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mgi meteor dp40 / 60

Anyone runs the MGI color digital presses? The machines are impressive, but I wonder how they preform in real life. Any feedback is more then welcome. Interrested also if anyone runs any other MGI products.
    Smatros print & natisni.si - small format, large format, flatbed, dtg, laser engraving & more in EU

We have 2 of the older DP40's in France, but all they print on is plastic. I would say it depends on what you want to do with it. The newer DP 60's I believe are $200,000 for the paper version and $250,000 for the plastic and paper. For 60 pages per minute that seams to be somewhat on the high side.

Comment

we've had the DP40 in our shop for about 2 yrs. For toners based CMYK I suppose it's pretty good. If you did decide to buy make sure you get a service plan as we have ongoing service issues. I'd have to ask the owner as to whether he'd buy this again however.

Comment

Originally posted by smatros View Post
        Anyone runs the MGI color digital presses? The machines are impressive, but I wonder how they preform in real life. Any feedback is more then welcome. Interrested also if anyone runs any other MGI products.
        Yes, the machine is impressive. I bought a DP40 last year (I am in California), it runs great but a bit slow for our business (2000/hr for 8.5x11 color). I am thinking about trading in for DP60.
        If you run paper, envelope and/or plastic + that speed is acceptable, then it's good choice. I can sell it to you at discount (instead of trading in) and have MGI offer you service contract if you want.
        Thanks

Comment

What is MGI offering you for a trade in on the DP40?

Comment

Does anyone else have one of these other than the book place?

Comment

Go for DP 60 Plastic n Paper version, It is really a great machine. Prints variety of substrates.. and speed is also pretty good at around 1600 A3 sheets per hr.. best part is printing quality. So you can think of this machine seriously.

Comment

We just got one and are having some color matching issues. We are doing good with black and white.

Can anyone help.

Thanks

Comment

Which one you have.. DP 40 Or DP 60
                  Most of the problems related to colors gets solved by stabilizing and calibrating the machine..
                  please tell me the problem in detail, may be i can help you out..

Umesh

Comment

We have the DP40 Pro

Comment

Customer PDF's print fine, when we change those PDF's to TIF files and insert them into another file with the variable data the image color is not the same as the orinal PDF.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Data2 View Post
                        Customer PDF's print fine, when we change those PDF's to TIF files and insert them into another file with the variable data the image color is not the same as the orinal PDF.

Thanks
                        could be the conversion problem then, maybe you loose icc or similar. I doubt it is the machine / rip fault, it's more like pre-press issue.

How dose the machine run besides that? Is registratio front/back tight? Do you laminate prints? and crease them? Any other good / bad points?
                        Smatros print & natisni.si - small format, large format, flatbed, dtg, laser engraving & more in EU

Comment

Yeah, sounds like a conversion problem. Anytime you put files through multiple software you run the risk of degradation of colors.

Comment

Hi

Don't go for MGI product.
                            Go for Konica Minolta........

Comment

hi,
                              why do you think Konica Minolta is better than MGI's DP 60, do you have any of these machines...
                              please share your experience

Comment

CanonKBAAvantiSmartsoft (Presswise)DuploEnfocusXerox4Over

Canon Embellishment White Paper

Collapse

Print Embellishment Goes
                              Straight To The Bottom Line

InfoTrends reported that interviews with more than 100 print customers demonstrated an appetite and willingness to pay premiums of 24% to 89% for special effects, over CMYK-only printing. They also indicated embellishment could apply to a significant portion of their work. Embellishment options can include hot foil stamping, spot gloss UV, embossing, debossing, letterpress, diecut shapes, lamination, duplex, triplex, gold foil, silver foil, copper foil, white foil, black foil, clear foil, etching, and laser cutting techniques. Download The Free White Paper.

CanonXerox

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7686 users online. 123 members and 7563 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,745 at 04:03 PM on 10-10-2019.

Working...
                              X