6501 error codes - 2211, 2212, 2213, 2214.

dking

Anyone else having the same issues with the drum's cleaning blade "flipping"?

Konica tech says it's fairly widespread.

Just wondering if anyone here is experiencing this issue.

Yea gotta luv that blade flip huh?

Yea gotta luv that blade flip huh?

Hi dking,

Every time our service guy changes a drum unit we get blade flip about two to three times a week. I am running a Bizhub 6500. Apparently the service tech says Konica is aware of it and is happening world wide. I guess they are supposed to be working on a fix at present. They want him to (powder) the drum heavily but it does not seem to do any good. My guy is trying ... trimming the blade ends at a 45° angle upon installation and applying a silicon wiped onto the drum to avert this. Usually after about 3-4 return calls the blade seems to settle down. He and all the field service tech's need to hound Konica endlessly until they fix this frustrating as H#%**ll issue.

Good luck,

Bret

Hi dking,

Every time our service guy changes a drum unit we get blade flip about two to three times a week. I am running a Bizhub 6500. Apparently the service tech says Konica is aware of it and is happening world wide. I guess they are supposed to be working on a fix at present. They want him to (powder) the drum heavily but it does not seem to do any good. My guy is trying ... trimming the blade ends at a 45° angle upon installation and applying a silicon wiped onto the drum to avert this. Usually after about 3-4 return calls the blade seems to settle down. He and all the field service tech's need to hound Konica endlessly until they fix this frustrating as H#%**ll issue.

Good luck,

Bret

Pretty much the same here.

Our tech has even tried swapping in old c500 parts (blades never flipped on those) to no avail. We have several 6501's and sometimes this happens multiple times per day on multiple machines at completely random intervals.

I thought someone said that the blade flip was solved with an updated drum??? I could be wrong, maybe it's a drum kit.

Sounds like a real PITA issue, are you able to correct this or do you need to wait on service?

I thought someone said that the blade flip was solved with an updated drum??? I could be wrong, maybe it's a drum kit.

Sounds like a real PITA issue, are you able to correct this or do you need to wait on service?

I am aware of an updated drum for K (don't know what's specific about it being just for K). Du-102b, but they flip also.

Our KM tech is on site M-F 8 to 5 so it's not too big of a deal. He can get it back up pretty quick. It's after daytime hours and weekends that really hurt because it renders the machine useless.

Last edited:
Hopefully Konica will get ON this

Hopefully Konica will get ON this

Sounds like the saga continues.
Hey at least you have onsite tech. We have to wait for a tech from the next town over, 15 miles away unless we get lucky and he is in town with another issue. Only two 6500's in our county so far.

Bret

For what it's worth, we've never seen this on a 6501. Mind you it's less than 3 months old an only has around 250K SRA3s on the clock, so maybe it's too soon to see your problem.

I am aware of an updated drum for K (don't know what's specific about it being just for K). Du-102b, but they flip also.

Our KM tech is on site M-F 8 to 5 so it's not too big of a deal. He can get it back up pretty quick. It's after daytime hours and weekends that really hurt because it renders the machine useless.

OK I gotta ask...
1 - How many 6500's do you have?

2 - How much are you spending to have a KM tech on site M-F 8 to 5?

i know quite a few guys who have techs on site every day 8-5. they only have 3 machines but clicks going through are big

During winter this was a knightmare for us but now it's summer I have probably seen 1 in the past 3 months. I think this may be because the drum is lubricated by a wax wick and brush the cold temperature in a new drum doesn't allow the wax to work immediatly. Once you get past about 2000 sheets your in the safe zone.

A service note has just come out saying a revised drum is on it's way. Your new drums should have a green sticker on the box.

OK I gotta ask...
1 - How many 6500's do you have?

2 - How much are you spending to have a KM tech on site M-F 8 to 5?

Five with a few other machines in the mix.

Not sure how much it costs but it is in ours and KMs best interest that he is here. Over 1 million clicks last month out of the those five and that number is growing steadily.

During winter this was a knightmare for us but now it's summer I have probably seen 1 in the past 3 months. I think this may be because the drum is lubricated by a wax wick and brush the cold temperature in a new drum doesn't allow the wax to work immediatly. Once you get past about 2000 sheets your in the safe zone.

A service note has just come out saying a revised drum is on it's way. Your new drums should have a green sticker on the box.

It is VERY cold here but the facility is climate controlled and paper is given at least two days after reception before it sees a printer.

Nice on the revised drums. Hopefully we see them VERY soon.

Doesn't have much to do with paper. Are the drums being stored in the same enviroment. All well and good the machine is all nice and warm but the drums may need to be as well. Anyway just theory lots of those bouncing around trying to resolve this one.

They have apparently fixed the problem and have new drums to fix the issue... but the drums are in short supply since there was so many people with issues. It's a D-102B with a green dot on the box.

There are also drum kits or something to retrofit the old drums with C500 blades or something.

I'm waiting for my tech to bring me some... I've had 4 flips in the past 2 hours. :mad:

Got 3 cases of "green dot" 102b drums yesterday. Tech used them in a full PM on one machine and so far so good.

Seems they have the c500 blade and holders.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back