Efi Fiery or Creo

koloriten

Hello everybody.
This is my first post. My question is, we have a KonicaMinolta bizhub pro 6500e at work with a Efi fiery-rip. Would we gain anything to change the rip to the Creo.
regards

Re: Efi Fiery or Creo

Hey Thomas

To be honest you probably wouldnt see a great deal of difference. What might you be looking to gain from changing front? Better color? Improved quality? If you have something in mind it might be possible to get it another way.

I cant say im overally familiar with the konica device, but the front ends are all pretty similar - just slightly different engines and processing methodology. I wouldnt recomend changing for change's sake; only change with a set idea of what you look to acheive by the change.

Cheers

Tim

Hi Thomas,

Having used both, I'd opt for the Creo, hands down. Tho the fiery may have come some way since I used one approx 6 years ago. Better colour control and functionality. Although one thing the fiery did have that was blooming great was Pitstop professional bolted on. Not sure if that was an extra or bundles by default. Great app Pitstop.

Dave

Creo...

For what it would cost with the Fiery and the Grahic Arts Kit (to get consistent and stable color. Okay, relatively consistent and relatively stable) you could just get it done right and better with the Creo unit. I think it's the IP-301. I wouldn't bother with the Fiery for production color. If you're doing office work then no big deal. But anything that it is commercial, Creo always.

CREO, not even close.

The Virtual Printers that you can configure on the CREO alone make it the only choice, not to mention the other great points mentioned.

S.

We have a Creo on our 6500 and we really like it. We use the imposition tools all the time and it is very simple. The Creo is very fast, and the color is very stable. Also we have the rep's number so we can call her and she is really nice and helpful.

I used both!
Xerox and Spire 5000 form Creo (Kodak now)
100% better Spire!
The way you can import ripped file from Brisque (LW and CT) helps a lot!
And is damn fast too!!
The imposition is not too good in my opinion, but with Preps you solve all the problems
Cheers

We rip variable data from Design Merge in Quark 6.5 to a Zip file, rip it on the Fiery but it swaps out OTF fonts with courier. We have to convert those fonts to Mac Type 1 fonts which sometimes doesn't work either. Does Fiery not support OTF fonts? I can't even get them to load into the Fiery Font engine.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back