Ptek check unit color

banjoman

Check unit color error? We are having this error on a job and have checked everything on the file, can't seem to find anything wrong. Any suggestions on what this might be? Presstek 34DI press and momentum rip.

Thanks in advance
banjoman in NC

Sometimes this is caused by a flaky bitmap image created by DI Thumbprint. Either recreate the bitmap or re-rip the entire file. I assume you have probably tried this already though.

check unit color

check unit color

Turned out it was a press problem, after several tries to get the file to print we tried a job we had printed a couple days earlier, it wouldn't print either so then after some investigation I found the pro inking settings were all at 0 then I went to the preference setting and instead of being on 1 it was at 10, I printed the last job, washed up the press and shut it down and have absolutely no idea how it got changed. Talked to a tech and they have had funny things like this before, a glitch maybe? Anyways, I was told when we got the machine to just turn off the press and chiller, now he suggested shutting down the computer then the press then the chiller.

banjoman

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back