Banner printing

Winness

How do I print an over 3000mm x 500mm on a vinyl paper for a customer on an HPZ3100 - I know there is a postscript restriction so how do I get round it

If you are trying this banner mode in the BEST quality mode then it might be difficult.
Try using a NORMAL mode of quality for printing.

Regards,
Umesh

If you are running into a PostScript size restriction it is probably due to the PPD you are using. Try using Acrobat Distiller PPD, or better yet export a PDF which will not be restricted.

Alternatively, can you print at 50% and tell your HP to output at 200%?

Banner Printing

Banner Printing

We print the roll-ups using the 50% PDF method. But it will not do a 3metre length!
Does anyone know if Coreldraw is the answer as it is not actually a true raster program and will allow the creation of any length of banner. Costly to try a proof run!

Maybe we're not getting enough info from you. What program are you using to create the art? InDesign and Illustrator are both perfectly capable of creating files 3m like you need. I would think Corel can too, but I don't use it.

Walk us thru your steps specifically. Are you printing direct to the printer, or saving as EPS, saving as PDF, copying said PDF to the print queue or a 3rd party RIP perhaps? If printing direct, what driver and PPD are you using?

To save costs, can you proof to a roll of cheap paper instead of vinyl while you figure it out if it works or not?

Maybe we're not getting enough info from you. What program are you using to create the art? InDesign and Illustrator are both perfectly capable of creating files 3m like you need. I would think Corel can too, but I don't use it.

Walk us thru your steps specifically. Are you printing direct to the printer, or saving as EPS, saving as PDF, copying said PDF to the print queue or a 3rd party RIP perhaps? If printing direct, what driver and PPD are you using?

To save costs, can you proof to a roll of cheap paper instead of vinyl while you figure it out if it works or not?

I agree - you need to separate out the printer driver/rip issue from the file issues

Banner Printing

Banner Printing

We do not have a separate RIP on the HP - would not normally use it but the Canon has just failed! The "postscript" issue I though every one knew - it is a file size/pixcel/length issue which used to be restrictive in all postscript programs.

We normally use PDF's from our customers and 99% of the time no problems as anything over 3m we send out - trouble is this time it has to be cheap.cheap for them so sending out is not an option.

All of the Adobe suite are postscript biased for obvious reasons and that is all we use except for Coreldraw - unfortunately that perishing program has tried to emulate Adobe and is more postscript biased hence the question.

Reducing the quality is not feasible - the file is created in Illustrator so whilst they can vector much of the design it does contain images which are raster. If only it was a DWG...

When you create a publication, for example, Banners, and select a size larger than 8.5-by-11 inches in the Page Setup dialog box, Microsoft Office Publisher 2007 prints a publication that is larger than a single sheet of paper. In Office Publisher 2007, you can print publications as large as 240 by 240 inches.

Wouldn't touch microsoft products with a barge-pole - they have no colour control. Also it is not the page creation Indesign can produce a layout of equal dimensions. The get around is the need to keep quality and yet print out to above 3000 x 500mm on a postscript file. In the end we asked the customer to allow us to reduce the quality and printed as draft. We also took the size down to 2750mm to help. But there must be a way to keep the quality up.

How do I print an over 3000mm x 500mm on a vinyl paper for a customer on an HPZ3100 - I know there is a postscript restriction so how do I get round it

Hello,

I just read your forum and for your problem talk to ColorSpan. They have a lot of reconditioned equipment and can often print on a variety of materials.Thanks!Vinyl banner

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back