Lawsuits on Ikon Konica/Minolta CPP500 or C500 Internal Fiery or 8050?

k_graham

1.) When you received your Ikon Konica/Minolta CPP500 or C500 did it include updates (patches) to be calibrated for glossy toner?

1-GJDLN Server patch and profiles to be used ONLY on newer 50 PPM
engine (this engine uses new toners. It is called the "C500 bizhub"
by KM, CPP500 by IKON). This is a server side patch and a new ICC
profile set.

These show up on a print out, their are many more but this is the most important one and apparently must be installed correctly - an art it seems, probably should have been part of the original install disk and not a multistep update.

2.) Have you experienced fusing roller failures in relatively short times of under 100,000 copies?

3.) were you successful in your lawsuit or were there any class action lawsuits started?

4.) Was Ikon, Konica/Minolta or EFI found responsible?

A more complete listing of patches may be found here

http://groups.google.com/group/ColorCopier/browse_frm/thread/0dfd0e95d062d546?hl=en#

You may contact me offline

Ken (at) Communityprinters.com
Dawson Creek BC Canada
250-782-7108

Re: Lawsuits on Ikon Konica/Minolta CPP500 or C500 Internal Fiery or 8050?

I have a bizhub 500 with the largest rip I could buy. My problems are way to long to list. This is our fourth Minolta box. It has all but driven us crazy. I would love to be kept abreast of any law suit against KM. I am in talks with my attorney as we speak.

Re: Lawsuits on Ikon Konica/Minolta CPP500 or C500 Internal Fiery or 8050?

The Fiery RIP's are horrible pieces of junk on the C500. Especially the internal controller. Wow, what a cluster **** .... The external Fiery controllers are a bit better. Not much, but they are better. But for people who are serious about color the Creo (IP-301 I think it is) provides significantly better results. In my experiences we're talking *major* improvements. Like sows ears compared to silk.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back