Canon C9075

Windward

Has anyone seen any output or performed any tests on the new Canon C9075? We are interested in replacing or augmenting our Docucolor 250. Any comments would be appreciated.

WARNING : the Canon ImageRunner C9075 is an office color multifunction machine

in Canon's product line, imageRunner is for office environments, imagePress is for production.

I think this one is called Canon imageRunner C9075.

Hey guys,

Just to clarify, Canon is introducing the imageRUNNER ADVANCE series (about 8 new products). A majority of these are office level machines, however the upper two engines (the C9075 PRO and C9065 PRO) are being classified as light production. They would fit in CRD, quick print, small PSP type environments. These engines are situated right under the imagePRESS C6000 in terms of features, functionality and market positioning.

Probably to fill the gap between the C1 and C6000 and compete with the Konica 6500 and Xerox 700 would be my guess

StrikTenn, is the 9075 comparable to the 6500? I have a CLC 3900 and want to replace it with one of these new machines.

Hi Exify,

If you're referring to the KM 6500/6501 series, the answer is yes. The 9075 would be comparable to the KM 6500/6501, the XX 700 and some of the Ricoh offerings.

More on Canon C9075

More on Canon C9075

I had a visit from our Canon rep this morning. The C9075 is described as a light production machine and its features are similar to the Xerox 700. It's so new that no one at Canon in our area has actually seen one. The specs indicate that the printer will handle paper up to 300 gsm. It's unclear whether is will duplex on weights heavier than 220 gsm. It has a range of paper sources and finishing options. Claimed front-to-back register is within 1mm. Specs also say it will feed envelopes, something we can occasionally use.

For our volume, this might be a good solution. The rep also claimed that with our volume of black and white work (about 30%), the C9075 will produce better results than the C6000/C7000.

Cost of the basic C9075 is about $50,000 with room for negotiation. This might work out to be a bit less than a Xerox 700.

I plan to run tests on both units and will post the results. Thanks to all who replied.

We actually went to a trade-show in Las Vegas to view this particular machine. In my opinion the print quality was every bit as good as their Imagepress series. It uses the same toner as the 7000vp, and the same drums. According to the sales monkeys on the floor at the show they have changed pricing on toner for this machine to make it much more competitive with Xerox's current 0.049 click. There was also rumor that this would also make it feasible to offer black clicks on this machine for about the same price as a stand-alone black and white of around 0.005 per click.

It is positioned to compete head to head with the Xerox 700, and KM 6501.

MSRP on the machine loaded with the external fiery RIP, Interposer, bookletmaker, in-line punch, stapler, and three drawer POD deck is $135,000, so street price would be considerably lower.

The POD deck is not air-fed but uses an air-knife to "fluff" the paper. The drawers under the marking engine are only rated up to 220gsm, heavier stocks need to be run either through the bypass or POD deck if added. In addition all trays run all sizes up to 13x19.2

Duplex is 220gsm max, but it will run simplex up to 300gsm. The machine does slow down on heavier stocks, very similar to Xerox 700

As far as finishing the punch is interchangeable by the operator to any available die (wire-o, spiral, etc.)

External Fiery capabilities include all mainstream VDP cababilities (PPML, etc.) and seems on par with the EX700 fiery.

Document scanner is very fast for this speed of machine. It will scan 120 A4 sheets per min single side, and 240 A4 sheets per minute duplex due to it's duplex scanner.

The specs also state that it's rated for envelopes but I'm sure it's capabilities are limited in this regard.

We actually went to a trade-show in Las Vegas to view this particular machine. In my opinion the print quality was every bit as good as their Imagepress series. It uses the same toner as the 7000vp, and the same drums. According to the sales monkeys on the floor at the show they have changed pricing on toner for this machine to make it much more competitive with Xerox's current 0.049 click. There was also rumor that this would also make it feasible to offer black clicks on this machine for about the same price as a stand-alone black and white of around 0.005 per click.

It is positioned to compete head to head with the Xerox 700, and KM 6501.

MSRP on the machine loaded with the external fiery RIP, Interposer, bookletmaker, in-line punch, stapler, and three drawer POD deck is $135,000, so street price would be considerably lower.

The POD deck is not air-fed but uses an air-knife to "fluff" the paper. The drawers under the marking engine are only rated up to 220gsm, heavier stocks need to be run either through the bypass or POD deck if added. In addition all trays run all sizes up to 13x19.2

Duplex is 220gsm max, but it will run simplex up to 300gsm. The machine does slow down on heavier stocks, very similar to Xerox 700

As far as finishing the punch is interchangeable by the operator to any available die (wire-o, spiral, etc.)

External Fiery capabilities include all mainstream VDP cababilities (PPML, etc.) and seems on par with the EX700 fiery.

Document scanner is very fast for this speed of machine. It will scan 120 A4 sheets per min single side, and 240 A4 sheets per minute duplex due to it's duplex scanner.

The specs also state that it's rated for envelopes but I'm sure it's capabilities are limited in this regard.

The print quality is VERY good, but not quite as good as their imagePRESS line. The toner is NOT the V-toner used in the imagePRESS line, but a new pQ toner that is similar.

From what I've seen, the service pricing they gave you is very optimistic for a fixed plan, especially on the b/w. You would need a very good volume with a decent minimum commitment to get those prices.

Just trying to state the facts. Everything else you stated is pretty accurate.

Hey guys,

Just to clarify, Canon is introducing the imageRUNNER ADVANCE series (about 8 new products). A majority of these are office level machines, however the upper two engines (the C9075 PRO and C9065 PRO) are being classified as light production. They would fit in CRD, quick print, small PSP type environments. These engines are situated right under the imagePRESS C6000 in terms of features, functionality and market positioning.

This is correct. I have received a demo from our rep, the quality is not at the level at the Imagepress C7000 (of course) but it is pretty good. Better than our 3 year old CLC4000. Our rep is representing it as filling the gap between the C1 and C7000. This is something we have been asking for since the C7000 if over kill for our needs and the C1 can't handle the printing speed we require. We are seriously considering the C9075 PRO.

Hi guys.
I found your web site while looking for information on this new C-9075 pro.
Getting very close to make a move, my Canon rep came to see me yesterday with a printed sample from the show and it loked very good to me however, will it be able to produce over 200,000 clics per month?
My other options are the Xerox 7002 or the Ricoh C-900 Pro.

I would realy like to get your opinion on these machine.

Thanks in advance

Réponse à GypsyDriver

Réponse à GypsyDriver

Esperons que vous êtes Francophones, sinon je traduirai plus tard.

J'aimerais que l'on puisse s'échanger des courriels sur le sujet ayant de l'information en main.

Je testerai la machine dans la deuxième de novembre et il me fera plaisir de vous soumettre toute l'information.

J'attends votre réponse par courriel au [email protected]

Merci et au plaisir de discuter avec vous,

Quebec

Bonsoir Quebec.
Oui, je suis aussi francophone :) de la rive Nord de Montreal.
Je t'envoi un courriel a l'adresse mentionné.

A bientôt.

How do these machines compare to the CLC4000, 5100s? What kind of color management options?

Nothing but a boat anchor should be compared to a CLC4000! It was an absolute mistake to bring that albatross to market by Canon. anyone who owned/owns one should be a saint for having to put up with the amount of service required just to keep them running. (yes I had the misfortune of owning 1) 135 service call in the last year alone, that's over 2 1/2 calls per week!

GyspyDriver I wouldn't take an entry level production device and expect it to pump out 200K month after month unless you are just going to run 28lb text all day long, and you don't mind having a tech there at least once a week. I run 97% 12x18 on my 8000AP when my volume starts to push the 100K mark (which is equal to 200K 8.5x11) I start to see my tech a little more often. Granted I run 80% of the sheets at almost full coverage, and 100lb cover so I am maxing things out a bit. You will need to make sure you get as much machine as you can afford, don't go cheap. Ask yourself what would happen if in 2 years your volume went up 50%, can it still handle it? The Tech/Sales monkeys will just say "get a second one", their not paying the bills though, you are.

GyspyDriver I wouldn't take an entry level production device and expect it to pump out 200K month after month unless you are just going to run 28lb text all day long, and you don't mind having a tech there at least once a week. I run 97% 12x18 on my 8000AP when my volume starts to push the 100K mark (which is equal to 200K 8.5x11) I start to see my tech a little more often. Granted I run 80% of the sheets at almost full coverage, and 100lb cover so I am maxing things out a bit. You will need to make sure you get as much machine as you can afford, don't go cheap. Ask yourself what would happen if in 2 years your volume went up 50%, can it still handle it? The Tech/Sales monkeys will just say "get a second one", their not paying the bills though, you are.

Hi Craig.
My production is around 50,000 sheets, 12 x 18 on 2 sides so, 100K full size.
Coverage will varie from almost nothing to almost full.
80% will be in colour and 20% black.
60% on 8pts or 10pts stock and 40% on offset or bond paper.
Also some NCR stock and labels.
If production goes up 50%, I will be very happy and I will get a 2nd unit.;)
That will give me the advantage of running 2 jobs at the same time.
(Not one after the other).
If I'm running a big job on one unit and a customer shows up at the counter
and he wants to wait for his job, I will offer him a coffee and I will be able to run it right away.
Now that's good service. :)

GypsyDriver

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back