Canon 6000vp Blues

JMSDP

My company has had a Canon 6000vp for 14 months. We are very pleased with the quality of the print - when its running. We have been down (not printing due to mechanical failure) for most of this week. Being down for multiple days has not been unusual lately. We are an all-digital shop and this is my premiere quality press. We missed multiple deadlines this week and have been missing more and more deadlines due to the poor consistency of this press. Canon assures me that I am alone in my misery - all of their other print clients are having huge success with this machine and with the 7000.

My questions are: Am I alone? Are other people having multiple failures per week? Does your technician seem to be able to fix things the first time out? Do your technicians have the parts they need? I own my company and this is killing us! Thanks.

That's what they told me about my CLC4000 3 years ago, sorry about your luck! Your still can't convince me that the office attitude of Canon will make it in the print for pay environment.

JMSDP - if you want to DM me some more information...where you are, total impressions on the engine, what dealer is servicing you, and what kind of issues you're having (and if it's repetitive problems) I might be able to do some investigating on my side from Canon Corporate.

You shouldn't be struggling as much as it sounds like you are, especially given the maturity of the equipment in the field.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Sounds like you have the wrong service team taking care of your machine. Canon Business is really the only way to go that I know of. I have been impressed with the service we have been getting and never have parts issues anymore. And to note we had two different companies servicing our 7000VP since we bought it with neither of them being able to keep ahead of the learning curve on the machine.
Hope your issue get resolved soon. Whats the problem anyways?

We do use Canon Business

We do use Canon Business

They are a train wreck. We are in the Wash DC area - Northern VA. I think our troubles can be attributed to the specific team in this area. I don't think they have the proper training and experience.

They are a train wreck. We are in the Wash DC area - Northern VA. I think our troubles can be attributed to the specific team in this area. I don't think they have the proper training and experience.

I agree, my old tech from Gordon Flesch said that the majority of the troubles after the release bugs were worked out are now due to improper training on the techs. That is why I put just as much importance in service as the print engine.

We are an Offset shop that does digital with that exact machine (C6000VP). The few issues that we have had were EASILY resolved with our technician and only once I think we had to wait a day for a new part. Granted this isn't something we pound with work 24/7 either. Anyone that is using these machines as work horses really needs to keep things within the machines specs, as well as keep up on maintenance. Best case scenario to have a duplicate machine if you're doing that much work.

I hope you get things worked out!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back