Toner offset when printed back through a laser printer

I there any paper that works better when printing stationary items on a Xerox 8000, then imprinting or running them back through a Lexmark laser printer. Sometimes it works fine other times the color offsets.

Thank you

Re: Toner offset when printed back through a laser printer

It's not offsetting, you are simply re-fusing the toner at a different temperature and it is sticking to the Lexmark fuser rollers. I would not recomend to do this, you may find that you damage the Lexmark rollers

A few questions.

1) Are you running them back through right away?

2) Are you letting the sheets stack up high in the Lexmark?

3) Do you notice it happening more on coated paper?

I have seen this issue on a Xerox Phaser. The main cause was heat. In your case the Xerox toner is getting re-melted by the Lexmark (just a theory no actual proof).

A few things to try.

1) Wait a few minutes before backing up and fan through the sheets to try to remove some of the heat.

2) If number 1 doesn't fix it. Try not to let the pile get to high on the Lexmark. It bottles up all of the heat a dosen't let the toner cool. You may notice this issue more with coated stocks .

I am no toner expert so someone else may chime in with a better solution.

Edited by: damonpb on Nov 7, 2007 5:43 PM

We avoid digitally printing letterheads altogether. A desktop laser printer will almost always ruin them.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back