What's the thickest paper stock you can run on KM Bizhub C451?

Hi all, I'm a newbie... does anyone know the thickest paper stock you can run with a Konica Minolta Bizhub C451? The brochure says it can run up to 300 gsm, but every time we try the paper jams... if it does go through the registration is off, the cutting marks do not line-up

Having problems also with the misaligned crop marks when running on 12x18 250gsm... any advice???

Consult your sales rep

Consult your sales rep

I am assuming you haven't called your tech or Sales rep for help on this but the KM C451 should only run 300 GSM out of the bypass tray. You will also need to set that tray to thick 3 or 300 GSM, at the device and in your print driver, as it needs to adjust for that thickness.

In all reality you should be able to call your sales rep and or tech to help you with this. Even if you don't have a service contract. If you bought this from them they should train you how to use it.

In regard to the registration...this is an office machine and while it is capable of a lot it still will have issues registering from front to back consistently, especially on heavier/specialty stocks. A good tech could keep it somewhat in line however if you would like better registration and throughput capabilities the KM C5501/6501 would be a better fit.

The KM C451 is great in office and even very light production environments however I would not sell the C451 to anyone who plans on running stickers all day, blue back or not, or who requires consistent front to back registration under 1 mill. Those types of requests take me right to the C5501/6501. Just my 2 cents.

I print business cards on 330 GSM on a regular basis on my KM C451. You can only do this via the bypass tray. Konnica does not guarantee printing on anything above 300 GSM but I have not had any problems printing on 330 GSM so far in two years.

Thanks! I consult our sales rep, quite often.. they recommend we only run up to 250gsm on the KM 451.. but reading through the threads here.. I know others are getting good results with thicker stock

I have been running on the bypass tray, setting is on Thick 4 even.. still it jams. If it does go through the crop marks are really misaligned and print is uneven or lighter than what it would print on a 250 gsm paper. Is there anything else you need to adjust?

I print business cards on 330 GSM on a regular basis on my KM C451. You can only do this via the bypass tray. Konnica does not guarantee printing on anything above 300 GSM but I have not had any problems printing on 330 GSM so far in two years.

Never had any problems with jams?? Are you printing also on 12 x 18 size? Or that the crop marks on the far right is about 2mm lower/higher than the mark on the left? is there anything else you need to adjust? Sorry I know these are a lot of questions... I'm thinking there's something we're doing wrong since we can't run it as well as you or others that are getting as good results

Quite frankly I find this astounding. Do push the sheet thru?

hi Dear All,

KM C451 is outstanding machine for print-for-pay constructions. maximum paper size is 300GSM through bypass tray.

hi Dear All,

KM C451 is outstanding machine for print-for-pay constructions. maximum paper size is 300GSM through bypass tray.

I don't know how many prints you've done on yours. It works wonderfully for a couple of hundred thousand prints then starts deteriorating FAST. I can't push A3 over 170 gsm through tough I can put 250 gsm A4 through, I haven't been able to use the bypass for months and my techs have changed rollers, clutches, tray lifter motors and even the entire assembly that sits in the door you open on the right hand (don't know what it's called but is set me back $1,300) and the improvement is minimal. I loved it for the first few months but right now I wouldn't suggest that it's anything you should build a business around, at least not unless you have redundancy.

Never had any problems with jams?? Are you printing also on 12 x 18 size? Or that the crop marks on the far right is about 2mm lower/higher than the mark on the left? is there anything else you need to adjust? Sorry I know these are a lot of questions... I'm thinking there's something we're doing wrong since we can't run it as well as you or others that are getting as good results

I have not had any problems with jams on the 330gsm card but with other stocks especially coated stock. i have not tried printing on 12 x 18 size I have been printing on oversized A4.

I have not had any problems with jams on the 330gsm card but with other stocks especially coated stock. i have not tried printing on 12 x 18 size I have been printing on oversized A4.

Thanks! I've been trying on 12 x 18 will try on A4.. hope it works. If i can get it to work on 300gsm, I'll be happy. Most of our jobs are for business cards.

Quite frankly I find this astounding. Do push the sheet thru?

No, just load up bypass tray and away we go. I print short run (up to 500 A4 sheets) business cards, flyers, postcards, tickets etc. this way. It is the most relaible stock that I print on the c451.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back