MGI vs Indigo

How much does a bottle of the ink cost for mgi?

How much does a bottle of the ink cost for mgi?

I know it costs 6 cents for a 12x18 side on the 7,000 Indigo. How much does one pay for the inks on the DP60, MGI?

Mgi dp60.

Mgi dp60.

Dear All,
Good to know about your experience, shared information and feedback on these machines. I would like to add few points related to banding issue.
In DP 60 you can slow down the print speed and also increase, depending upon the substrate weight. If you slow down the print speed, fusing toner particles is better, which enhance the print quality. Good features in DP 60 pilot pre-loaded profiles, through which you can control the fusing temp according to the substrate.
DP 60 is a Laser based machine. I have been using DP60 since it is launched. I print a job of 13" x 40" regularly, and never faced problem with banding issue.
You may find banding issue in LED based machines.

We have an Indigo 5500 and are looking to back it up. I have zero complaints on HP quality, prints are beautiful and consistent but service and maintenance that is another issue and the reason I am looking at the Nexpress or ...

I would be asking what is the service plan for MGI, how fast do they respond, how often do you need to call them out. Our Indigo is great, paper is an issue, and the procedure for getting service needs improvement. In the end we are spending a heck of allot of time on maintenance so when I call service after not being able to diagnose the problem, I don't like spending another 2-3 hours down while they try to figure it out over the phone, just get a dang tech out and get me up. That is going to be HP's biggest issue in my opinion.

Greetings,
We have been considering Xerox 800/1000. But now I feel MGI may be a better choice. Where can I see demo/ working machine in India. What is the price of the machine.
My email id is [email protected]
Thanks.
Salecha

Hi,
Some one was talking about the HALF INFORMATION, and ended up giving info only abt the Indigo and just forgot the MGI part.

Just to complete the info to help our friend make the right decission, I would like to put forward few points related to MGI DP 60 Pro.

Since I have been workin on MGI's machine and dont have much of experience on Indigo, I will only put the points forward related to MGI.

1. MGI has built DP 60 as roboust as it shoould be for Digital Prinitng. (It weighs almost 1000 Kgs)

2. Dp 60 works on toner based principle, which give image good density also it is scuff resistant.

3. Offers SPOT ON integrated with the RIP, which converts pantone to CMYK. It gives commercially acceptable results if not 100% accurate.
(I also wonder the market size for printing of pantone shades in short run digital printing, also need to consider the feasablity of using ink cartridges for each shade that needs to be reproduced)

4. can print both on paper and Plastics like PVC, PC, PET etc without any coating.
(also need to mention about its envelope printing capablity)
this is the best part, as you have the flexiblity of virtually printing any type of material with the change over time of 1 minute from one material to another.

5. It comes with a substrate proflie manager which really makes the process of substrate changing possible in 2-3 clicks.without any hardware alteration.

6. it has a very good feature of offset feeder,
where you can pile upto 1000 sheets of 350 gsm of 13" X 40".

7. The imaging is done by LASER and not by LED, so dots reproduced are sharp and crisp.
Also offers 2400 dpi res, which is one of the highest available in market.

8. Since you can print on so many substrates, lot of avenues along with commercial printing like PVC CARD manufacturing, PC printing, sticker printing etc gets open which is a good margin business then just paper printing.

9. talking abt commercial aspect you have the flexiblity of PAYING AS YOU USE (a la carte system) rather then paying a flat click charge. this reduces your consumale bill by a good percentage.

10. since you can print on both PAPER and PLASTICS in DP 60 you dont need to buy TWO machines which Indigo proposes.
s2000 for PLASTICS and 5000 series for PAPER
That means you get virually 2 machines in a price which is actually less than an INDIGO.

I think this is what I can say about MGI dp 60, rest its up to you to decide.

feel free to contact me if you still need any further info.

best of luck for your adventure,

Regards,
Umesh

Greetings, With whom you have service contract, HP Directly or Partner/ Dealer of HP.
Thanks.
Salecha

We have an Indigo 5500 and are looking to back it up. I have zero complaints on HP quality, prints are beautiful and consistent but service and maintenance that is another issue and the reason I am looking at the Nexpress or ...

I would be asking what is the service plan for MGI, how fast do they respond, how often do you need to call them out. Our Indigo is great, paper is an issue, and the procedure for getting service needs improvement. In the end we are spending a heck of allot of time on maintenance so when I call service after not being able to diagnose the problem, I don't like spending another 2-3 hours down while they try to figure it out over the phone, just get a dang tech out and get me up. That is going to be HP's biggest issue in my opinion.

dp-60 vs indigo

dp-60 vs indigo

I run them side by side. There is no question that the indigo offers outstanding quality but the dp-60 does too. In fact, we do photobooks for some photographers on the dp-60 without saying anything about equipment and they are satisfied. Our people have not gotten the hang of using the spot color reader/software but it's a priority, in the future. The dp-60 is slower but appears to have settled down to be a reliable press and the service calls have diminished greatly. The Indigo needs pretty complex parts which are often shipped in overnight or from Israel and that means the machine can be down multiple days. Finally, the cost of the dp-60 is ~$200,000 and the Indigo come in around 5 times higher. This means we could grow to 5 production machines for the price of the Indigo. The odds of the Indigo being down for a couple days (or in one case, weeks) is probable, the odds of 5 dp-60's being down for days are very non-probable. Hope that is helpful.

I'm just an Operator here, I got to tell ya, I've run both presses, Indigo 5500 and Now I run the Meteor DP60, I went to training on both presses, Theirs no comparison, keep in mind Indigo Has made oh about 5 different presses just to get the Kinks out lol, and I really think they got it right on the 5500, love that press, miss it, the Indigo is a Much better and Faster printer for Production, but it is Expensive to have, The DP60 is a short run press if you ask me, it prints decent, but very slow if your duplexing 13x19 4/4, and you can't duplex anything over 10pt. I'm also an Old offset pressman, been in the trade for 20+ yrs. So I know a little about Ink to Paper =) Well now it's Powder to Paper lol

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back