Intelligent Mail Barcoding with FusionPro 7

sue.t

I want to figure out how to create the Intelligent Mail Barcode for on our direct mail pieces. How do we get the data I need into my data file? What data/fields DO I need? Can the data/fields I need be exported from AccuZip (that's what our bindery dept. uses)? Can I use the IDAutomation4State font that's included with FusionPro or do I need to get a font directly from USPS?

Thanks for any help!!

Intelligent Mail Barcoding with FusionPro 7

You can either use the template rule named "Intelligent Mail Barcode Rule" and plug in data fields, or you can create a JavaScript rule using the MakeIntelligentMailBarcode function or the IntelligentMailBarcode object. All of these are designed to work with the included IDAutomation4State font.

The two main parameters are the tracking and routing code. Depending on how your data is already formatted, you may need to build up these codes from their constituent parts, or if you have a single 31-character data string, you will need to break it up into the separate tracking and routing codes.

The best place for help is the Printable User Community:
Printable User Community - Powered by vBulletin

Here are a few posts which may be helpful:
I'm Having Trouble with OneCode Barcode Rule - Printable User Community
Intelligent bar code - Printable User Community
IMB Issues - Printable User Community

Hello, Sue --
I'm not a FusionPro user, but our shop does have AccuZip and it is able to provide you with the IMB field you need. However, you do need to have an IMB font in order to print it.

You can download the fonts and other info from the postal service here:

https://ribbs.usps.gov/index.cfm?page=intellmailmailpieces

The IMB is a "4-state" code, also known as FAT-D, because it only uses 4 characters--the letters F, A, T & D--unlike the postnet barcode which used numbers.

i have several years' experience in generating barcode, i think some turioals and articles might be helpful. you can google intelligent mail barcode code, and some articles can be available. i can give you some if you need .

this is the turoial of generating intelligent mail barcode , you can ,make it as reference and the tool if free for 30 days.

this is the barcode generator in c# and other formats, i think it might also be helpful

good luck.

Last edited:
i have several years' experience in generating barcode, i think some turioals and articles might be helpful. you can google intelligent mail barcode code, and some articles can be available. i can give you some if you need .

this is the turoial of generating intelligent mail barcode , you can ,make it as reference and the tool if free for 30 days.

this is the barcode generator in c# and other formats, i think it might also be helpful

good luck.

wow,sounds good,i wanna make a comparison with that i used before

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back