Print Speed/Processing Speed Data Merge etc...

bluzbird

We have a KM 6500 with a PR6500 version 1 rip. I am pretty new at digital printing, so please bear with me on my ability to communicate correctly. We had a color job that we ran from indesign. We merged a excel file to 4 up 12 x 18 sheet. We were only merging names that printed on an identical certificate. The problem is that it will only spit out 4 sheets per minute??? Is there a more efficient way to process larger color files using data merge?...the file was only 4mb, but it processes 4mb each time it prints a sheet. The 6500 should and can blast 60 or so a minute if you send without the data merge...is there a better setup that we can use to produce more per minute? If anybody has any info to get me goin the right direction... please any suggestions...software??? hardware... I am curious what types of workflow everybody uses to achieve faster production.
Thanks!
Matt

Re: Print Speed/Processing Speed Data Merge etc...

Actually matt we were running from Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Professional with Fusion Pro Desktop 4.2

Edited by: Steven Ray Rowland on Feb 7, 2008 11:29 AM

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back