Logic Symbols

Re: Logic Symbols

I am wondering what the following symbol means in QLingo in XMPie: <> (the less than and greater than keys) I am hoping/gessing it means contains.

No that means "is equal to" - its a legacy VB syntax.

Your better off just using "==" as its clearer and easier to understand. What are you actually trying to do?

Tim

I am trying to bring a graphic in based on the first part of my target.
I have a target value of BO234 and I want to say that if my reference code (example: BO234) “contains” BO than use South America.jpg else if reference code "contains" RW (example: RW572) than use Africa.jpg and so on. Do you have an suggestions on how I can do this? I am using XMPie. I was told I could use SubString or Find but I still need help. Thank You!

Marlene,

Again, I would suggest you do one of the following:

a) contact the chaps who sold you XMPie as all xmpie products *should* be sold with an element of support, so depending on your package you might have access to the support portal - if so, its better you get this questioned answered there.

b) Failing that, see my previous note about joining the open xmpie interest group (which is totally free) and post your questions there.

You are right, substring is exactly what you need. Depending on how many matches you are using you might need a Regex, but thats something separate. I appreciate you 'have xmpie' - but there are lots of different versions, some with uPlan, some without. You have given no specifics about what you have (or dont have for that matter) which is why i suggest getting in touch with the vendor you purchased xmpie from, as its more than likely you paid for an element of support at the time of purchase.

Anyway, thats just my two pence. I strongly recommend joining the interest group however, its a valuable resource.

Regards

Tim Perrett
print application architect

Thank you for the helpful advice! Sorry I was so lax in my detail this is my first time using a forum like this.

This is what ended up working:
if(Substring(|->[Reference_Number],0,2)= "BD")
{
"Asia.jpg"
}
else if(Substring(|->[Reference_Number],0,2)= "BO")
{
"South America.jpg"
}
else if(Substring(|->[Reference_Number],0,2)= "DR")
{
"Central America.jpg"
}
else if(Substring(|->[Reference_Number],0,2)= "UG")
{
"Africa.jpg"
}
else
{
"Africa.jpg"
}

You should probably try SWITCH
i.e.
SWITCH(Substring(|->[Reference_Number],0,2)= "BO")

case "BD":
"Asia.jpg"
case "BO":
"South America.jpg"

(not sure of exact syntax on that statement, but it should be close)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back