PlanetPress VDP Solution

FasterMD

Anyone have experience with this software?

If so, how does it compare to FusionPro or PrintshopMail?

Thanks!

Re: PlanetPress VDP Solution

So I'm guessing I'm the only lucky one out there to stumble upon this software?

Hello FasterMD,

Let me start by saying that I work for Objectif Lune, the makers of PlanetPress and PrintShop Mail. The simplest answer to your question is while there are many thousands of customers for both of our product lines, they don't often "compete". PlanetPress is much more commonly found in the transactional print space (though many customers use it for promotional or transpromo projects) while PrintShop Mail is nearly exclusive to the promotional space. That means for most applications, there is a clear preference, driven by the application.

I will not try to comment on FusionPro other than to say my exposure to it has always been on the promotional types of applications.

What type of application did you have in mind? Are you currently using a VDP front end application? Is there a specific feature or need that your project needs addressed? I would be happy to help if I can.

Feel free to contact me directly if you choose. Good luck with your project.

David
[email protected]

Thanks for the response.

My new employer already has the software and I've begun digging into it.

I was just looking for feedback from users as to what to expect, it's advantages, drawbacks, etc.

I've found thus far that it has some great PostScript features that I have yet to find in other VDP apps.

Just a few days in though, so I've got a lot to learn yet.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back