Collapse
CanonKonica Minolta
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What software for postcards & flyers

What software are you guys using to design and print postcards and flyers? Is indesign the go-to software?

Yes.

10char

Comment

Better than publisher or photo paint . . .
      "If you think you are too small to be effective
      you have never been in the dark with a mosquito."

Comment

Thank you PricelineNegotiator.

Another question - What is Acrobat Pro used for? Is this mostly used to just alter PDF's?

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by dabob View Post
          Better than publisher or photo paint . . .
          ROFL Thanks, made my day.

Comment

dabob are you suggesting I should look at something else?

Comment

Put very simply... Photoshop for raster image manipulation, colour correction etc. Illustrator for vector drawing (logos etc) and simpler, one or two page designs (although I personally use InDesign for these). InDesign for layout. Acrobat Pro for checking and fixing files for print if necessary, and in many cases, imposition via a plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by openletter View Post
                Thank you PricelineNegotiator.

Another question - What is Acrobat Pro used for? Is this mostly used to just alter PDF's?

Thank you.
                Pro does let you do some work on a PDF if it is created properly. Every now and then I get a PDF from a customer with text to close to the sheet edge or need to move a few things slightly. Pro lets me do that. If you moving to Adobe Create Cloud you get Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat Pro and much much more. Most of it is not needed for print or design, but you get it all for the subscription price. I do most of my work in Indesign, designing flyers, business cards, postcards, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by openletter View Post
                  dabob are you suggesting I should look at something else?
                  No, IMHO . . . the creative suite is whats best right now . . . unless you are talking to David Milsock. . . .

Comment

No, IMHO . . . the creative suite is whats best right now . . . unless you are talking to David Milsock. . . .
                    Did we run David off the site? He was very knowledgable just pushed Corel WAAAAYYY too much.

Comment

Originally posted by AP90 View Post

Did we run David off the site? He was very knowledgable just pushed Corel WAAAAYYY too much.
                      I know - I haven't noticed him since that last corel story that ran to way too many pages . . . .

Comment

Er, for your reference, to finish 1000 pcs of variable post cards will cost within 2 minutes if via SmartVizor variable data printing software.

Comment

Sad in a way, as it was the standard layout program for almost 20 years, but no one mentioned QuarkXPress.

Comment

Originally posted by jerrythemacguy View Post
                            Sad in a way, as it was the standard layout program for almost 20 years, but no one mentioned QuarkXPress.
                            Yes . .. kinda sad but they haven't been the standard since InDesign got real . . .

Comment

Yes . .. kinda sad but they haven't been the standard since InDesign got real . . .
                              They haven't been the standard since they got too arrogant and comfortable in their throne of "king position" and stopped developing their software for a few years. At the same time, in their arrogance, they stopped playing nice with school / student discounts. Tie that in with their initial stance of being unwilling to accept that the new fangled "transparency" features Illustrator was starting to launch and you have the recipe for the death of a company / software.

and yes, very sad. I was a Quark baby, it was very hard for me to accept that Indesign had far surpassed Quark in functionality and usefulness.
                              If you cut me, I'll bleed 187.

Comment

Unconfigured Static HTML Module

Collapse

Static HTML Module Content
                              4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)CanonKBAUltimateTharstern
                              4OverStandard FinishingDuploCanonKBAKBA4 PeesSmartsoft (Presswise)TharsternUltimate

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4558 users online. 115 members and 4443 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

Working...
                              X