Plug-in error within InDesign

hkellogg

I have a missing plug-in error that states I am missing an XMPBackEnd4.framework. Could this be related to the 30 day software download for XMPie? How do I eliminate this error?

Re: Plug-in error within InDesign

What version of In Design do you have and what version was the document created in?

are you getting this error when opening a particular document? or just launching indesign? you can remove plugins by going to your plugin folder that is located in the same application as your indesign application

Yes this does have to do with the 30 day demo of XMPie.

Open the configure Plug-ins from the (Mac = InDesign Menu / Windows = Help Menu)
If you de-select the check mark for Display Adobe. You will see the XMPie Plug-ins.

From this point you can disable them by creating a New Set with these disabled. You could also Uninstall XMPie by running the installer again.

Thanks. I will give this a try. It seemed to me that this was a XMPie problem but I wasn't sure how to eliminate the plug-in.

Hans

Another way to remove XMPie plug-in data in a InDesign document is to export it as an InDesign Interchange file. That removed all third party plug-in references. This works for the 30-day demo, uDirect & uCreate.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back