Standard Finishing
4Over

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the best all-around package for web-to-print?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The following website profiles over 40 different web-enabled printing solutions and provides some other general info on web2print:

Web to Print Test Drive Center

Comment

Ops

Has anyone looked at Web2Print products from Online Printing Solutions?

Would love to get some opinions.

<p>
      stephen grayman <br />
      <a href="http://www.braintreeprinting.com/" >Braintree Printing : Welcome</a>
      Stephen Grayman
      Arboro Digital & Print

Comment

Is anyone using Printable? Given they are partners with nearly every major vendor I'd like to hear some user experiences.

Comment

Web2Print ...

A million providers ... no standard according to me.

At ADAM Software we have a different view on Web2Print. Web2Print is according to us a Process based application which we base on our core business, development of a DAM Platform.

Key things needed : Management of users and rights, management of templates, open platform (.NET with documented API) for integration with any ERP System for pricing, planning, ... Integrated Business Process Management System, customers can develope any interface to serve their needs, ...
          Last edited by Bart Lammertyn; 05-26-2009, 02:01 PM.

Comment

I have started looking for web to print solutions myself and so far RocketQuotes seems to something I am interestedin pursuing further. I certainly like PageFlex but the investment is way beyond reach.

I read a few posts that spoke highly of RocketQuotes but anyone out there have a bad experience?

I have also checked into PrinterOrder.com but they do not seem to be in any list of providers in the industry that I have come across. Anyone have any experience with them?

Thanks

Comment

web2print

As already suggested we found it a very useful exercise putting in a bit of time at the beginning researching the various solutions. We found the costs vary massively and not always for noticeable differences in functionality.
              We ended up using a UK based company called Vpress who we have found to be very cost effective and offer a straight forward to use solution which has a whole range of features to cover everything from corporate stationery, through to VDP one to one marketing.
              Good luck in your search!

Comment

PrinterOrder

PrinterOrder from Alleyant Is the best turnkey solution for Web To Print. It has all the features you need to rapidly deploy your web to print store.

Check it out: Welcome to PrinterOrder.com

Comment

Throw our hat in!

Good afternoon everyone! I've scanned this forum and seen there is no mention of ourselves any where. Web-to-Print solutions for Variable Data Printing document production and thought I best throw our hat in to be considered!

We have been around for a few years now and are expanding our market share. Our system is based on a very powerful web4print technology and I have yet to come across a system that we couldnt match.
                  We are extremely competitve on price and have a strong focus on customising the system to meet your needs.

We are hoping to have our brand new website up and running shortly, but I'd still ask you to come visit existing site at Web-to-Print solutions for Variable Data Printing document production and see our online demos and get set up for a trial!

Thanks every one

Barry

Comment

New Web-to-print Thread

HI everyone

I just started a new thread entitled Web-to-print Solutions SWOT ANALYSIS and it would be great if people could contribute to it!

Thanks awfully

Chris

Comment

Hi,

I've been using Xerox Freeflow Web Services 7 it handles variable data to a level unmatched by others. Its the only one that users can select via a plugin in acrobat the variable data in a pdf and then upload to it their own content, complete with interactive rules (csv, if this image then this text, etc.) Its not as powerful as XMPie, but it was the best we saw and it works good. Also their support is awesome!

Comment

Eoncode has web-to-print program that also allows for use of premade templates. It is a subscription type of program it appears and I think some of the gang-run houses are using it.

Comment

A few more to consider

Printer Presence
                          PrinterPresence - Product Information - Pricing Information

Websites for Printers
                          Pricing Plans

Comment

Ultimate Guide Online

InfoTrends has summarized and evaluated 27 different Web-to-print solutions.

You can compare and read about the solutions for free here: Ultimate Guide Online :: Presented by InfoTrends.

Comment

Disappointing...

BUMP...

Can we get some real good evaluated input as it relates now in 2012?

So far from the real recommendations by actual users and researchers of the options out there the reviews have been weak and non-existent. There doesn't seem to be any consensus on any product. I think two products got mentioned twice and that was it.

It's nice that users from the different software companies are here and we value input from ones that disclose who they are but when you just post that we sell this product it does nothing for me. What's so special about your product? I judge heavily based on what the software company's website looks like and honestly most look terrible, completely terrible. And I'm supposed to buy a program that is a template for my website from these companies?

Most of the comments had to be disregarded because they were left by people that conveniently created their accounts around the time they made their first or second post and amazingly never made any more posts in the 3-4 years since.

I guess I'm going to have to tackle this problem head on myself.

This is what I will be critiquing as I painstakingly one by one check out most of these software solutions:

1. What does the software companies own website look like?
                              2. What does the offered templates look like?
                              3. Can I totally customize my site and offerings? (I'll elaborate later)
                              4. Can I build the site and update it using mass uploads with excel or csv files?
                              5. Can I host the site on my own server or do I have to pay a subscription based fee?
                              6. Do I get a full licensed software product with updates that I can put on my own server? In other words can I pay a one time fee or will they rape me for ongoing subscriptions?
                              7. Do I get access to coding to customize and tweak my site and integrate with other modules or external programs? e.g., accounting programs.
                              8. Can I put unlimited products on the site?
                              9. Can I put unlimited images for each product?
                              10. Are ftp upload forms premade?
                              11. Are contact us forms premade?
                              12. What payment options can I integrate into the site?
                              13. What shipping options can I have?
                              14. Will my shipping options communicate live with shipping companies?
                              15. What do the templates look like? Are they stale and texty or are they sleek, modern, upbeat, and colorful?
                              16. Can I add unlimited administrative or employee users?
                              17. What stages of the printing job are available, if any, for real time updates of a customers job?
                              18. Does the software allow easy workflow to my various printing and finishing equipment?
                              19. Can I view and play with a sample site or demo without signing up for anything or getting harassed with annoying sales follow up emails and phone calls? (big pet peeve)
                              20. Can I see upfront pricing without signing up for anything or getting harassed with annoying sales follow up emails and phone calls? (even bigger pet peeve)
                              21. Is there free tech support and how good is it? What hours? How many people, especially in the early hours of the morning?
                              22. What kind of warranty or guarantee or trial period is offered if any?
                              23. Can I offer an email sign up on the site?
                              24. Does the site allow for email marketing to registered users with unsubscribe features?
                              25. Is the company old fashioned and bureaucratic...in other words if I ask to speak to the CEO will I get bullshit or get to talk to the CEO?
                              26. What's the liability, if any, if the program crashes?
                              27. Does the program allow for SEO, keywords, etc.?
                              28. Does the program integrate with google adwords?
                              29. Does the program offer customer templates for certain products?
                              30. Can I create log in specific pricing schemes or rewards based on customer user logins?
                              31. Can I create coupons, sales, etc.?
                              32. Can I integrate a customer blog or forum?
                              33. Can customers leave a review of products?
                              34. Can I create additional html pages and links within the site?

I've built e-commerce sites before and one that had over 30,000 products that took me 3-4 months to build; these 34 questions are the standard basic questions that need to be asked and answered.

If I have time and can swing it, I'll be researching some of these companies.

Any one else have any input or experiences to share?

Comment

kingpd,

That is an excellent list of questions. I am a production manager/pre-press guru for a commercial printer who is in the process of purchasing a new digital press and online web to print storefront. I don't have the site building background that you obviously posses so that is valuable information you have shared and it is appreciated. I did demo PTI's solution. Here is the link to there site.

PTI | Print Service Provider Solutions

During the demo it appeared to be everything we need, however I did not have that extensive list of questions to hammer them with. They have recently partnered with Ricoh and they were brought in by our Ricoh (or hoping to be) rep. Ricoh doesn't care what print engine you have, you can purchase the site without their box.

I am going to forward that list of questions to my rep and will post results when I get them.

thanks again,

Trevor

Comment

UltimateDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)4OverStandard FinishingKBA
                                Smartsoft (Presswise)

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4779 users online. 115 members and 4664 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,151 at 11:36 AM on 11-17-2017.

Working...
                                X