Standard Finishing
4Over

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the best all-around package for web-to-print?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad the list helped you. Honestly I'm no expert by any means but after a long time and many headaches, etc., you too will come up with many MANY questions and things that you'd like your program to be able to do.

Since you haven't picked a vendor yet, there's three REALLY big things to consider...:

1. Where's your shop at now? Is it new and small or big and established? The general purpose of these software programs is to allow non-programmers or non-code writers to have an awesome site with lots of bells and whistles without a huge upfront price tag or a high skill level. You will need and have to learn some new skills though.

2. What can you afford to spend now? If you're well established and aren't a high risk of closing shop and/or have a lot of money to spend on this project then you'll want something less standard and more customized to you. Something that will work with what you already have in place, be it hardware or other software.

3. Where's your company going to be in 3-5 years? If you go with a subscription based system or need to customize due to growth, expansion, etc., or want to bring IT in house...can you transfer all your site stuff easily or will you basically have to rebuild everything? I mention this because this can cost tens of thousands in labor and other costs as well; and can be disruptive. So sure the $100 per month or whatever platform might work now but in 3-5 years if you grow or needs change can you "start over" and spend tens of thousands redoing everything again?

The other thing to consider is many leading companies have entire software suites built just for them, either internally or outsourced. Think amazon, zoo printing, etc. Some of these highly customized projects save a tremendous amount in money, labor, and efficiency, and the best thing is that the sky is the limit; and they can give you an amazing advantage and customization over other companies, but the price tag can run into the millions of dollars.

To me the list was a minimum standard through experience but these three other things may cause you to have to make different decisions or compromise on some things.

It's not easy so good luck and I wish you the best.

Comment

Something else to consider when looking at these web to print systems and demos. Most of them look and function good on the customer facing side. When it comes to the backend workflow, they fall flat on their face. Some systems require you to manually release each order. This sounds great at first when you are small, but when your volume increases, you have more orders to release, which can be time consuming. Building the storefront on the backend might also be clunky or non-intuitive. Lastly, how will this new web to print system tie into your existing workflow and accounting system?

Comment

Checkout our web2print solution, It support different you can integrate most of workflow and accounting system with this. We offer our solution three ways
        1) online designer studio for those who have ecommerce system running only looking for designer studio
        2) Subscription solution for those who like to have designer studio with ecommerce, printer can choose solution based on his business need
        3) custom (licensed)solution for those who like to develop solution as per their business requirement.
        Client can upgrade as his business grows. You can check live demo from here or you can take appointment for personalized demo assisted by our support team.

Reference website www.1800businesscards.com, www.44ink.com, www.imaxprinting.com.

Comment

Key2Print: Dedicated e-commerce solution for Printing Houses

Please check out our great web to print software at Key2Print.com.
          Last edited by MarekW; 10-11-2012, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by david View Post
            TribalSketch is making some very nice impressions at printer sites now! It is a custom designed package that comes at a very affordable price! The main web interface is developed using Ruby on Rails and MySQL and is easy to customize for your look and feel. TribalSketch has a tremendous online design tool! The Flash based design allows true freestyle page layout in a browser. It is connected to our new "Flip Proof" system to produce real "paper" style of browser based proofing that you can turn the pages right in your browser. The site manages user designs very well and new features are coming very rapidly. We are live at printer sites now and welcome your feedback.

David

Is the Online Design tool still available? I looked at your website and did not see it.

Comment

Yes there are lot of web based quotation system and every one used according to their requirements so it will be little bit different based on customization.
              www.print24by7.com

Comment

Take a look at Pixopa. Enterprise Web to Print Ecommerce Solution with Tablet ready HTML5 Online Designer for Selling Customizable Products Online. Developed in open source, has dropshipping to multiple vendors, 550+ Google fonts, works on tablets, mobiles & computers alike

Comment

Originally posted by kingpd@businessprints.net View Post
                  Disappointing...

BUMP...

Can we get some real good evaluated input as it relates now in 2012?

So far from the real recommendations by actual users and researchers ...
                  Any one else have any input or experiences to share?
                  Re: Radix/Onprintshop

We purchased their so-called "solution" about a year ago and have had nothing but problems. Our first review posted on another forum a month or ago caused them to send us a quasi-threat to remove it -- we didn't.

Once you read the below, hopefully you'll realize we don't need to go into throrough details about their sofware since you may be as shocked as us to find that they track information.

We are more than aware that developers will encrypt some of their code: as I've said before elsewhere that I have no problem if they are tracking the domain for licensing purposes ... but it's quite another thing altogether to track our customers and their order details!

We've now hired another company and just discovered that Radix not only added trackers to their code, but the information they are tracking would land them in very hot water if they were located in North America. For example, they receive complete customer information of every order -- and that means they get the total amount ordered (dollar amount), the email address of the customer, the phone number, the physical address, etc.

If that's not enough to scare you away from Radix ...

I will make this my mission to warn people.

The kind of information they are (were) tracking would make it impossible to become PCI compliant.

It makes me sick to think they have a year's worth of customer information from us, and I'll bet they are selling
                  those email addresses and perhaps other information, too.

So you get what you pay for, and in Radix' case, you get way more than you bargained, and so does your customer-base!

Comment

Originally posted by onprintshop View Post
                    Checkout our web2print solution, It support different you can integrate most of workflow and accounting system with this. We offer our solution three ways
                    These are the guys that put trackers in their code and not just get licensing information, but also get all the details of every single order. See my more detailed reply elsewhere in this forum.

Radix/Onprintshop is about as bad as news as you'll ever get for Web2Print software ... of course unless you don't mind if developers in a third world have access to all your customer data.

Comment

You should try many online printing companies for your box packaging need. They are great and is very affordable online packaging solution.
                      Last edited by james247; 11-29-2012, 11:53 AM.
                      www.print24by7.com

Comment

Originally posted by james247 View Post
                        You should try [insert spam here] for your box packaging need. They are great and is very affordable online box packaging solution.
                        Hmm, "Web2Print Packaging", not box packaging. I can only surmise you are spamming.

Comment

Originally posted by guineapig View Post
                          These are the guys that put trackers in their code and not just get licensing information, but also get all the details of every single order. See my more detailed reply elsewhere in this forum.

Radix/Onprintshop is about as bad as news as you'll ever get for Web2Print software ... of course unless you don't mind if developers in a third world have access to all your customer data.
                          We are shocked to learn for first time that your client data is being transmitted to unauthorized people. We are keen to investigate and solve serious issue, but being anonymous review, we will need your website name, contact information and details of actual incidence. We understand the feeling of insecurity can be very frustrating.

Further, take opportunity to share Radix has been providing IT solutions to clients worldwide for 13 plus years, we attribute our growth and success to our highest level of integrity and honesty towards our clients. OnPrintshop is our flagship solution, we are supporting 300 plus clients for over 7 plus years, have integrated one of the most stable PDF engines to generate high resolution print ready files. We have been exhibiting at Drupa 2012 (Germany), Graph Expo 11/12 (Chicago, USA), CEBIT Germany (10/11/12), Cebit Australia 12, and our clients and partners have recognized us as highly user friendly, flexible and affordable solution.

Moreover, our solution is covered with Legal Agreement & which clearly covers protection of your data & assets. Our core competency is technology and as a company we have no motive to capture customer’s data / information specially when company is constantly evolving solution, putting up serious investments in development, branding & marketing to expand globally.

We strongly believe that we only grow when our clients grow.

Comment

Originally posted by guineapig View Post
                            Re: Radix/Onprintshop

We purchased their so-called "solution" about a year ago and have had nothing but problems. Our first review posted on another forum a month or ago caused them to send us a quasi-threat to remove it -- we didn't.

Once you read the below, hopefully you'll realize we don't need to go into throrough details about their sofware since you may be as shocked as us to find that they track information.

We are more than aware that developers will encrypt some of their code: as I've said before elsewhere that I have no problem if they are tracking the domain for licensing purposes ... but it's quite another thing altogether to track our customers and their order details!

We've now hired another company and just discovered that Radix not only added trackers to their code, but the information they are tracking would land them in very hot water if they were located in North America. For example, they receive complete customer information of every order -- and that means they get the total amount ordered (dollar amount), the email address of the customer, the phone number, the physical address, etc.

If that's not enough to scare you away from Radix ...

I will make this my mission to warn people.

The kind of information they are (were) tracking would make it impossible to become PCI compliant.

It makes me sick to think they have a year's worth of customer information from us, and I'll bet they are selling
                            those email addresses and perhaps other information, too.

So you get what you pay for, and in Radix' case, you get way more than you bargained, and so does your customer-base!

We are shocked to learn for first time that your client data is being transmitted to unauthorized people. We are keen to investigate and solve serious issue, but being anonymous review, we will need your website name, contact information and details of actual incidence. We understand the feeling of insecurity can be very frustrating.

Further, take opportunity to share Radix has been providing IT solutions to clients worldwide for 13 plus years, we attribute our growth and success to our highest level of integrity and honesty towards our clients. OnPrintshop is our flagship solution, we are supporting 300 plus clients for over 7 plus years, have integrated one of the most stable PDF engines to generate high resolution print ready files. We have been exhibiting at Drupa 2012 (Germany), Graph Expo 11/12 (Chicago, USA), CEBIT Germany (10/11/12), Cebit Australia 12, and our clients and partners have recognized us as highly user friendly, flexible and affordable solution.

Moreover, our solution is covered with Legal Agreement & which clearly covers protection of your data & assets. Our core competency is technology and as a company we have no motive to capture customer’s data / information specially when company is constantly evolving solution, putting up serious investments in development, branding & marketing to expand globally.

We strongly believe that we only grow when our clients grow.

Comment

Oh brother, you use the reply to advertise your business.

We worked with so many of your coders over the course of trying to get your application to work, that there's no way you can convince us that management isn't aware of the data theft: your coders had to be working in cahoots with management.

I think that because your price-point is affordable, you use that to bait small businesses who are likely not tech-savvy, and then steal customer data to sell it to third party spammers.

Below is a snippet of the type of information that was being sent to Radix:

DetailsHTTP/1.0 200 OK
                              Server: Apache
                              X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN
                              Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
                              Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 22:42:44 GMT
                              Content-Length: 8
                              Connection: close

VERIFIED

The following data was received from PayPal:

mc_gross: 186.18
                              protection_eligibility: Partially Eligible - INR Only
                              address_status: unconfirmed
                              payer_id: XXXXXX
                              tax: 0.00
                              address_street: XXXXXXXXXXXX
                              payment_date: 14:42:40 Dec 28, 2012 PST
                              payment_status: Completed
                              charset: windows-1252
                              address_zip: XXXXX
                              first_name: XXXXX
                              mc_fee: 5.70
                              address_country_code: CA
                              address_name: XXXXXXXXX
                              notify_version: 3.7
                              custom:
                              payer_status: unverified
                              business: XXXXX@XXXXX
                              address_country: Canada
                              address_city: Toronto
                              quantity: 1
                              verify_sign: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
                              payer_email: XXXXX@XXXXX
                              txn_id: XXXXXX
                              payment_type: instant
                              last_name: XXXXXX
                              address_state: ON
                              receiver_email: XXXXXX@XXXXXX
                              payment_fee:
                              receiver_id: XXXXXX
                              txn_type: web_accept
                              item_name: XXXXXX
                              mc_currency: CAD
                              item_number: XXXXXXX
                              residence_country: CA
                              handling_amount: 0.00
                              transaction_subject: XXXXXXXX
                              payment_gross:
                              shipping: 0.00
                              ipn_track_id: XXXXXXX

We recently read that Radix and Ricoh Canada have inked a deal: that is darn frightening and we hope that Ricoh has their own IT department to cross-check Radix' coding to ensure you don't track customer data.

Print shops beware!

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like you are still using OPS on your ineedbusinesscards.com website.

I personally have been using OPS for 2 years and am very happy with their support and service, they have done EVERYTHING I have requested and gone above and beyond at times to make sure we got up and running.

Comment

UltimateDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)4OverStandard FinishingKBA
                                Smartsoft (Presswise)

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4773 users online. 115 members and 4658 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,151 at 11:36 AM on 11-17-2017.

Working...
                                X