Made the jump to an online print shop?

Collapse
CanonKonica Minolta
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made the jump to an online print shop?

Just curious if anybody works for a print company that was all brick and mortar and then opened up to an online print shop. Meaning that the customer could point and click and no calls (in most cases). I understand the website aspect of it - what sort of things did you need to do for your internal teams (eg. getting a printer to print online orders, getting a scanner to scan bar codes to email clients tracking numbers etc.) Any insight would be highly appreciated - thanks in advance.

Hi, As a Web To Print solution providers for many years we have seen many companies that have been going through this proccess. You are most welcome to send me an email to amir.avni@b2cprint.com and I will provide you with more details. Thanks

Comment

We have done this to some extent. The overwhelming response from our largest clients has been that they don't want to mess with our website, they just want to call us up and place an order. They don't know all the details of ordering and want someone to hold their hand. We don't deal much with individuals, mainly other businesses.

Comment

Depends what your aims are, what print work do you want, customers using online templates or submitting their own artwork, how you process, preflight, and track jobs through the system, how big you want to be etc. etc. etc.
        You will probably find existing clients are happy to deal with you as they do at the moment, you will be going after new customers in a very tough market. You will find everybody wants their job yesterday and pay nothing for it and expect top quality, which is very hard to achieve. I work for a print company in the UK that does commercial work and has a web 2 print site amongst other channels, commercial customers and web 2 print customers don't seem to mix! We built our own website not cheap, and have our own software which we developed that tracks all the work through the company, which we now sell as a third party product around the world. You need to look at the whole process and see if its viable, if you are happy with just a few orders a day then you wont make much money out of it, we do thousands a day! Put a plan together and see if its right for you.

AjR

Comment

Originally posted by kdw75 View Post
          We have done this to some extent. The overwhelming response from our largest clients has been that they don't want to mess with our website, they just want to call us up and place an order. They don't know all the details of ordering and want someone to hold their hand. We don't deal much with individuals, mainly other businesses.
          LOL this is exactly the saving grace in local printers. How many of us can honestly raise our hands and say that our customers do all the work for us, we just hit the print button?

I think we have maybe a couple customers like that...but even the trade customers most of the time need hand holding all the way through.

Comment

hi
            i want to make my shop paper automated to print xcmyk

Comment

Originally posted by KelvynPress View Post
              Just curious if anybody works for a print company that was all brick and mortar and then opened up to an online print shop. Meaning that the customer could point and click and no calls (in most cases). I understand the website aspect of it - what sort of things did you need to do for your internal teams (eg. getting a printer to print online orders, getting a scanner to scan bar codes to email clients tracking numbers etc.) Any insight would be highly appreciated - thanks in advance.
              Have you got any? Nowadays there are many available which can fulfill your requirements. You just need to ask them for a demo as per your requirements.

Comment

4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)CanonKBAUltimate
              Smartsoft (Presswise)

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4427 users online. 96 members and 4331 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

Working...
              X