iWay/Freeflow alternatives

peady

Hi,

We currently use iWay 2.5 to facilitate our Web2Print service and are considering upgrading. However this would involve a good few thousand pounds investment and we were wondering whether an alternative product is available.

Opinions?

Cheers,
Dave

Re: iWay/Freeflow alternatives

Take a look at this project we are developing.

http://www.photoalbum.com/

It has a very nice and powerful browser based design tool combined with a Graphics Server that exports PDF files that are production ready. It also uses PrintTalk interface to deliver these print ready files into production.

We are building this on this website for the scrapbooking community but it can be used for any kind of print production. Hey if it can handle a 20 page scrapbook with all of the artwork, images, fonts and layering these ladies produce - it can pretty much handle anything!

We are open to licensing this if you are interested.

David Lewis
Lucid Dream Software

Re: iWay/Freeflow alternatives

Dunno if it's available on your side of the pond, and can't say I'd recommend it (as a user for the passed 2.5 years....), but... Printable Technologies has a competing product at about half the price as iWay (I know, because we looked at iWay and decided to go w/ the cheaper ASP model instead).
Worth a look, but I've been on PrintFusion for over 2 years now, and while limited, it does _work_ when it works. Getting it there is the hard part (templates are a PIA, and the website is not very customizeable). Supposedly the new version's better, but natch.. they want another 'vig for the license ($15k USD!)

- Mac

What is happening at Press-sense

What is happening at Press-sense

My company, sir Speedy, is in talks with Press-sense (iway) and then just after the show we caught wind that they are on on the verge of bankruptcy. They laid off 50% of the company and they are trying to cut a deal with HP. I have gone through a W2P before and it is a lot of work. I would hate to go down this road and then have to do it all over again. Any thoughts?

My company, sir Speedy, is in talks with Press-sense (iway) and then just after the show we caught wind that they are on on the verge of bankruptcy. They laid off 50% of the company and they are trying to cut a deal with HP. I have gone through a W2P before and it is a lot of work. I would hate to go down this road and then have to do it all over again. Any thoughts?

I hate to be too commercial, but if you are indeed looking for alternatives RSA's WebCRD is worth considering. In the U.K., it is available from Mentecaptus Ltd. And we've been profitable for 22 years straight ;-)

Online Print Solutions is a great alternative to iWay and a leading innovator in the areas of web-to-print, dynamic publishing and cross-media solutions. From corporate storefronts, retail sites & online design to variable data and cross-media solutions, Online Print Solutions provides a solution for however you interact with your clients.

Please check out / Online Print Solutions //
for more information and I would encourage you to get a demo
of the system so you can see all the different modules offered.

Thanks,

Hi,
one of the presenters at the IPN convention showed a system by the name B2CPrintShop.
i think you will find it interesting.

by the way, can you guys refer me to a wide format OPS?

thanks,
Larry

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back