Additional HP Indigo 5000 information required

r2d2fay

I recently received a 1 week training course through my employer that touched on basic operations and maintenance of the HP Indigo 5000. On my own I am now looking for additional (free) online information that covers more detailed troubleshooting and maintenance (trying to get even better).

Does anyone know of any websites that could steer me in the right direction?

Thanks

Re: Additional HP Indigo 5000 information required

I've never found very many Free resources for Indigo information. There's the GUA Forums, but they're pretty empty. You could try and get a Trial Membership to DScoop, it's around $595 for a year but that includes many features for sales staff and such.

http://www.dscoop.org

I believe there's another Shared Maintenance class you are supposed to take as well, included in the purchase of the press. I know there's a ton of stuff to learn on the operator side for these, our guy is always learning. Good luck!

Since they posted once, in March, and haven't returned - they've either:

A) Learned it all & don't need us.

- or -

B) Given up and moved on to fast-food service.

I'd wager the latter. ;)

Hi Tiago,

As you know many models of Indigo, could you tell me what are the main differences between 5000 and 5500?

Besides the normal improvements that come from R&D refinements, the biggest difference is the ability to run 13" x 19" sheets through the 5500 vs. 12" x 18" on the 5000.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back