Air Purification systems?

Brett S

We run a small offset and digital shop in Pennsylvania (1500 sq. ft.) and I am curious about the best Air Purification system/solution on the market. Just trying to eliminate the chemicals in the air for the obvious health AND smell reasons.
The only option I see in the magazines is from AeroVex Systems to the tune of $850-1650 + consumables.
the other choice is to hire an HVAC company to find another choice.
Any thoughts or experince with Aerovex or another option?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Check out sgblue, inc. My former employer had a bunch of their units in the pressroom.

Looks like they have some affiliation with Pitman as well.
<www.pitman.com/segments/downloads/Pressroom.pdf>

Bret

We are looking at the buster 2000 or 3000 from Island Air. They have an optional carbon filter to get at the VOC. Does anybody have any experience with these? A cheaper way is 'The one that works' air filter. We have 2 in the press room and two in bindery. They have an activated charcoal outer layer to get the pressroom smells. They seem to work OK but it is hard to tell. We just upgraded to a Speedmaster 52-2 and it creates more stink than our old GTO or Quickmaster. Good luck!

In my opinion, a rooftop air handler is the best bang for your buck, you can put multiple intakes wherever you need them and, filter, heat or cool the air as needed. I wouldn't think 1500 square feet would take a real big one, there are also indoor ones that are vented to the outside.

Rheem, Trane, and Greenheck are a few of brand names that come to mind,

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back