Recycling Proofing Paper...

Hopkins Printing

I was recently told that some proofing papers out there are not recyclable alongside "normal" paper using conventional means because of a particular ingredient within the paper (although I was given the impression that the paper could possibly be recycled using alternative methods). As such, I am wondering what others are doing to recycle their proofing paper (or even if you are)?

Cheers,
Jon Morgan
Hopkins Printing

Inkjet paper contains a layer of plastic/ polyester, so it is not recyclable with "normal" paper. I do not know of a source for recycling inkjet paper.

Bret

paper issues

paper issues

We operate an inkjet paper converting and distribution business. here is my take:

1. There are no issues with the ink as when they are H20 based. (MOST proofing apllications.)
2. In order for an aqueous printer to image onto paper (correctly), there needs to be a micro-porous coating applied. This does not present obstacles to recycling.
3. There are 2 primary types of proofing paper: RC/photo based and paper-based. Photo paper is NOT recyclable as the finish is a photo polymer and petro derivative. Proofing paper that is paper-based IS indeed recyclable.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back