AQ rinse water down the drain? Is this okay? H&B system / Ontario Canada

Slice

I am in Ontario Canada and am wondering if it's okay to let the AQ waste water from our LC1 go down the sanitary sewage drain (not the storm drains).

:confused:

Contact your local sewer district and ask them. Never second guess dumping things down the sewer. What might be OK in some area's and not allowed in others.

I would highly suggest if you buy your coating in Totes that you return your waste to an empty tote and have it disposed of in a safe manner. If you have ever scraped dried coating from a coater unit you can imagine over time thats what the inside of your pipes will look like after a while. Talk to your coating supplier and see how other customers are disposing of the waste.

AQ rinse

AQ rinse

AQ rinse water fails on a few parameters for sewer bylaws in Ontario. I have tested it many times. TSS and BODs (biological oxygen demand) are the main concerns. It will also cause some issues for you in the future with your drains. I had to clean out a few drains and offer solutions to minimize this from the drain for many of our clients as it is a compliance issue and a physical drain concern. [email protected] if you have any further interests for solutions. I too am in Ontario and can help.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back