Waste Toner

The manufacturers of the copiers/production machines we have (Ricoh/Konica Minolta) both offer waste toner recycling programs which we make use of. I am not aware of a use for waste toner.

pd

Xerox has a recycling program and we return all empty toner cartridges/bottles and waste containers to them by the pallet on their shipping dime.

We also run Oce/Canon roll fed toner printers. Oce used to have a similar recycling program, but they suspended it, saying it's greener to throw out all the plastic and waste toner/developer. Disappointing to say the least.

Xerox has a recycling program and we return all empty toner cartridges/bottles and waste containers to them by the pallet on their shipping dime.

We also run Oce/Canon roll fed toner printers. Oce used to have a similar recycling program, but they suspended it, saying it's greener to throw out all the plastic and waste toner/developer. Disappointing to say the least.

I also was going to use such a process until I found out that the materials sent back were landfilled. Not only do you waste your time and effort trying to be a good recycler but add to that the fuel used to send the material back.

I would ask Xerox what they do with the stuff sent back. Have your ever seen or purchased rebulit and or refilled toner containers from the manufacturer?

Don't let them fool you.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back