Say good bye to OIL

It is not fusion of any kind.

Many of the cold fusion techniques were achieving very very very much smaller results and they assumed it was cold fusion.

The Blackpower process has now been validated in labs at Rowan University.

I think this is The system to watch for.

It is not fusion of any kind.

Many of the cold fusion techniques were achieving very very very much smaller results and they assumed it was cold fusion.

The Blackpower process has now been validated in labs at Rowan University.

I think this is The system to watch for.

It might be of interest to follow and I suspect that if it has potential there will be a lot of others duplicating the experiment.

I did look at the video. From what I saw and heard, what was validated was that a very short burst of heat energy was shown in the test equipment. Hardly any validation of the potential.

What got me worried was that the demonstrator commented that the fuel was provided by Blackpower. So they put a fuel in a chamber and raise the temperature and bang something reacts with a very short burst.

The questions that will have to be answered are what is the cost of developing the "fuel" and is it sustainable.

The other thing that bothered me is the statement that this is a new form of energy. That's a pretty strong statement. I am certainly not an expert and for sure if it has value, it will be developed. But maybe when all factors are evaluated, it may also fall short.

This may be more like the Ballard Power situation. There was a real process there but it was difficult to commercialize. Year after year, Ballard never made profits but continued to obtain investments. Not sure if their business model was to develop a technology or to develop investments to raise the stock price.

If it is the next big thing, we can say we heard it first from the Green Printer on Printplanet.

Hmm given this a quick check-out.

Sorry to be a party-pooper
At best it is a primitive Hydrogen fuel-cell.
However reading a bit past the techie bullshit it seems to be a simple sodium hydrogen (read water) reaction, Drunk students chuck lumps of the stuff in lakes for fun.
Intellectual version of Redneck dynamite fishing.

Highly dangerous and I for one would not touch it with a bargepole, looks like somebody is fishing for a quick buck in development grants.

Hmm given this a quick check-out.

Sorry to be a party-pooper
At best it is a primitive Hydrogen fuel-cell.
However reading a bit past the techie bullshit it seems to be a simple sodium hydrogen (read water) reaction, Drunk students chuck lumps of the stuff in lakes for fun.
Intellectual version of Redneck dynamite fishing.

Highly dangerous and I for one would not touch it with a bargepole, looks like somebody is fishing for a quick buck in development grants.

typical response If you don't understand it slam it.

I am only a Slammer by name, I do understand it.

Can't be bothered to go into detail here so just a C&P.
Reaction: Sodium with water
Quote: Sodium reacts violently with water in an exothermic (heat producing) fashion, producing sodium hydroxide and hydrogen gas. The complete equation is:

2Na (s) + 2H2O (l) → 2NaOH (aq) + H2 (g)
Unquote

Peace Bro! I did not intend to take a poke at you, read between the glossy-chrome terminology and geekspeak on the website and you will see what I mean.
For one I would love to see this as a practical solution to the coming end of oil scenario, if they can get it to work in a safe and economical fashion then all hail Blacklight, just don't see it happening though.

So far, I like the Thorium process as a potential but who knows.

There are a lot of competing potential energy concepts. Lots of money is going to be spent trying to get them to a commercial level. It is going to be interesting which will succeed.

Maybe Landa presses will be powered by hydrinos. Both are supposed to take up to two years of further development. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Say good bye to oil is a good thing as there will be less pollution and consequently there is less diseases and more health will be here. But the world of water is not still possible yet, Also no one knows the future what will be happen.
But still we use hybrid engines that work on Bio fuel gas.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back