2018 TAGA Conference just ended

• Thread starter Deleted member 16349
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16349

Did anyone go and do you have any comments on what was presented? Curious.

Doubt anyone went. Did you?

No, I didn't go.

I don't have much in common with the people who present at TAGA and also at IARIGAI. From what I have seen, I view them more as technologists and not scientists. They don't tend to ask the right questions or do the right experiments in order to find out the fundamental issues.

That does not mean that I don't find some of the subjects and results of interest. It is interesting to see results and see how people think about issues. Even if they are totally BS, it is interesting to see how much they mess up. On the other hand, at times there can be real gems of information in a presentation. Something the authors might not even be aware of.

I look at a lot of the abstracts of papers coming out of China and India. It is sad but they are also clueless about offset issues and tend to repeat the usual faulty thinking seen in North America and Europe.

The trend now has moved to the printing of electrical circuits etc. New and interesting research in Offset is hardly done anymore. There is a lot of progress that can be made in the printing of electrical components that use a conventional technical approach developing the printing processes instead of a highly scientific approach. The real science in this new field seems to be with the material science developing the inks that are used.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back