Print United vs Print/Graph Expo

I'm in Chicago and I doubt I will even go to Print19. It has been dreadful for the past few years. Last year it took place two days after the Labelexpo in Rosemont (Chicago suburb) and it was poorly attended and uninteresting (at least to an offset guy). There was no iron there and a downer vibe.

Print United seems to have a vibrancy to it and I will be going to Dallas. Press manufacturers will be there and so many of the industry players will. ALL facets of printing should gather under one roof someday (Screen, flexo, digital, litho, sign, label, packaging, textile, wide format,UV etc.) for a true Print United. For travel budgets alone it would make sense. For a $1 trillion dollar world wide communication industry we are our own worst enemy.

I went to both in 2018 and the difference in vendor effort, class quality, and variety is night and day. Print18 was a waste of money to attend and I don't expect to go again. Printing United on the other hand is one of my top priorities every year.

Reactions: CSF
I went to both in 2018 and the difference in vendor effort, class quality, and variety is night and day. Print18 was a waste of money to attend and I don't expect to go again. Printing United on the other hand is one of my top priorities every year.

Soggy,
A point of clarification: 2019 will be the first year for the Printing United show, which is a new event partnering SGIA & NAPCO, although last year's SGIA show was held in Dallas. So, you may be comparing PRINT-18 to SGIA-18 which were, indeed, different shows. So, it will be interesting to see how the events will compare in 2019. We'll have to wait until this Fall to see.

In Wide format printing printers typically use inkjet technology to print on a variety of output, including premium glossy-coated paper for signs and posters while Digital printing on textiles is an amazing option for communicating new ideas in print using fabrics.

So are Canon, Konica, and Ricoh all skipping Chicago this year....?

I spoke with my Konica rep and he said they are not going to, and instead are focusing efforts on the new SGIA/Print United show. I can't confirm for Canon or Ricoh, but it appears they are doing the same because they are not on the floor plan or the list of vendors.

The last Print show seemed like a majority of vendors that were there seemed to be targeted to small shops. And quite of few of the vendor were selling the same sorta equipment with a different name. It was disappointing. I have been on the fence about going, as it is only 3 hours away, but the closer it gets the more I'm thinking of not going. Not enough "cool" stuff to see, or at least items or equipment that I'm interested in learning about or that my company could possibly benefit from. It's a shame, but times do change. Just need to wait for PrintingUnited to come back around my area to go, and check them out. Sounds like they are the new cool kids on the block.

I'm in Chicago and I doubt I will even go to Print19. It has been dreadful for the past few years. Last year it took place two days after the Labelexpo in Rosemont (Chicago suburb) and it was poorly attended and uninteresting (at least to an offset guy). There was no iron there and a downer vibe.

Print United seems to have a vibrancy to it and I will be going to Dallas. Press manufacturers will be there and so many of the industry players will. ALL facets of printing should gather under one roof someday (Screen, flexo, digital, litho, sign, label, packaging, textile, wide format,UV etc.) for a true Print United. For travel budgets alone it would make sense. For a $1 trillion dollar world wide communication industry we are our own worst enemy.

For this reason, our company has decided to participate only in PrintingUnited.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back