Bring Your Popcorn - Landa's Coming

D Ink Man

It has been announced that the fantastical Landa nano will have a theater set up at Drupa 2016 to perform. I don't know how much tickets are, but you can bet they will be very expensive.

From the pressroom to the theater; my oh my how our print world has grown. I wonder if there will be a matinee as well as an evening performance. All I can say is get your popcorn ready.

D

Yeah, good one aqazi81; that certainly is a telling article.

As has been hypothesized and predicted this grand Landa plan continues to be pushed back further and further with absolutely no presses delivered to the ones who have mightily invested.

To keep everyone's juices flowing, the landscape has been changed to divert the pressure of the promises.

I truly wish this man luck and all that follow him with investment, but you have to remember I am from Missouri. And I haven't seen anything yet.

D Ink Man

Aqazi, here is another informative UK site that discusses the Landa presses.

http://www.printbusiness.co.uk/news/Landa-promises-deliveries-in-2017-/103218/

They also comment on the delay but also add that the blanket life is expected to be one week. Interesting.

Also look at difference in how the UK publications discuss this topic and how WTT presents it. The UK versions go into some detail and have some interesting comments about the negative issues. The WTT postings are mostly press releases with no critical thinking about the product. It is the reluctance of some of the North American print publications to say anything negative, that ensures that the general industry readers are not going to get the in depth views needed, related to some of the issues in the printing industry. Cheerleaders instead of journalists.

Quote from the article: [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“I can’t blame anyone for being cynical, after all I originally thought that most printing would be digital by 2010 and I was off by 98%!” [Landa] quipped.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]That's the most honest thing I've ever heard from one of these digital printing evangelists. He gained some respect in my eyes for that. I'm not a zealot - we run Komori offset litho, Kodak Nexpress and a Fuji Acuity UV inkjet. [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I'm all for new technology and I'll happily replace my offset presses. But new does not automatically equal better. Call me when there's a new device that can match (or come close to) offset litho in:
1. Speed
2. Quality
3. Production Cost

So far, I've seen one of the three, but never two at the same time. And I've never seen anything that come close to touching the production cost of offset litho.
[/FONT]

If blankets only last one week. I will apply for the rights to market and sell the Consumables. Cha Ching$$$$$ I will have to open a numbered Swiss bank account to handle all the money from Blanket purchases.

If blankets only last one week. I will apply for the rights to market and sell the Consumables. Cha Ching$$$$$ I will have to open a numbered Swiss bank account to handle all the money from Blanket purchases.

I am sure they are a 'propreitary' consumable only made by the great Benny company themselves.

Use of any other generic or copy cat blanket will probably void the 30 day warranty on the famous, invisible and imaginary press.

D

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back