Collapse
CanonKonica Minolta
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record your screen (Mac OSX)

I was just wondering what programs you guys would use if you had to make presentation where you would like to use a movie of your screen. For example to show how you do certain things on your mac. I need such a program in the near future and have looked around on the net. Are there any good freeware programs out there - or best buy one?

Thanks

Re: Record your screen (Mac OSX)

Ambrosia software do Snapz Pro which I have used for just the one project but it seemed pretty good. It's not freeware but it's relatively cheap.

Comment

snapz pro

Comment

thx

Comment

Screenium is another one to watch. It's in Beta Preview currently but looks like it has some nice features. At $20 it might be a more affordable option too.

Comment

I have my Vote! Snapz PRo.

Comment

Macvide ScreenCap ...

Comment

go to meeting has a free beta version out called "go view". not sure if it's mac compatible though.
                By the time I walk out of here, I'm going to be a lean, mean, prepress machine...

Comment

Jing

Comment

Here is another one to try - Jing.

Jing | Add visuals to your online conversations

Comment

I use Macvide ScreenCap. It’s prog allows you to capture and record anything you can see on your screen to image, video or flash.Try

Comment

The new version of quicktime player has this function built in. No need for other software. Check your application folder if you are using 10.6.x

Good luck!

p

Comment

Originally posted by prepressguru View Post
                          The new version of quicktime player has this function built in. No need for other software. Check your application folder if you are using 10.6.x

Good luck!

p
                          Yes it is you can also use Grap in your utilitys folder, also standard in OSX 10.6

Comment

Originally posted by CHM View Post
                            Yes it is you can also use Grap in your utilitys folder, also standard in OSX 10.6
                            On my 10.6 Mac, Grab only does still image capture while Quick Time records a movie file of everything you do.
                            Joe
                            OS: Mac OS X 10.10.2 - RIP: Prinergy Connect 6.1 - CTP: Luscher XPose! 160 (2)

Comment

SnapzPro is also great for just screen stills. with options to convert windows/elements(dialogboxes, menus) to clipboard.

ScreenFlow is a great recording app, and gives you tools for editing and using the build in can to get the presenter on "live" but does require a licence
                              Learning by teaching!

Comment

4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)AleyantCanonKBA
                              4OverStandard FinishingDuploAleyantCanonGraph ExpoLabelexpoKBAKBASmartsoft (Presswise)Chili publish4 Pees

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4724 users online. 97 members and 4627 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

Working...
                              X