Record your screen (Mac OSX)

Bobmorli

I was just wondering what programs you guys would use if you had to make presentation where you would like to use a movie of your screen. For example to show how you do certain things on your mac. I need such a program in the near future and have looked around on the net. Are there any good freeware programs out there - or best buy one?

Thanks

Re: Record your screen (Mac OSX)

Ambrosia software do Snapz Pro which I have used for just the one project but it seemed pretty good. It's not freeware but it's relatively cheap.

Re: Record your screen (Mac OSX)

Screenium is another one to watch. It's in Beta Preview currently but looks like it has some nice features. At $20 it might be a more affordable option too.

go to meeting has a free beta version out called "go view". not sure if it's mac compatible though.

The new version of quicktime player has this function built in. No need for other software. Check your application folder if you are using 10.6.x

Good luck!

p

The new version of quicktime player has this function built in. No need for other software. Check your application folder if you are using 10.6.x

Good luck!

p

Yes it is you can also use Grap in your utilitys folder, also standard in OSX 10.6

Yes it is you can also use Grap in your utilitys folder, also standard in OSX 10.6

On my 10.6 Mac, Grab only does still image capture while Quick Time records a movie file of everything you do.

SnapzPro is also great for just screen stills. with options to convert windows/elements(dialogboxes, menus) to clipboard.

ScreenFlow is a great recording app, and gives you tools for editing and using the build in can to get the presenter on "live" but does require a licence

Camtasia Studio 7 (ok so $299 is not $20) but the program is great. Very flexible and can export direct to screencast.com (free) or other venues.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back