Leopard Font Management

EP

What are prepress departments using for Font Managent in Leopard?

I just picked up 2 - 8-core, Intel Mac Pros and they come with Leopard.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Re: Leopard Font Management

Thats what I was using previously, but when I checked on version tracker it didn't say it was 10.5 compatible and some of the feedback also supported that.

Have you had any problems with the 10.5, Intel box?

We're using FontAgent Pro with FontAgent Pro Server. It seems to work just fine with Leopard.

> {quote:title=EP wrote:}{quote}
> Thats what I was using previously, but when I checked on version tracker it didn't say it was 10.5 compatible and some of the feedback also supported that.
>
> Have you had any problems with the 10.5, Intel box?

None at all.

I have been with Font Reserve Server for over 4-5 years now. You would not take it from my cold
dead hands.
BTW, read the excellent Best Practices PDF concerning fonts in 10.5 on the Extensis site.
It is excellent reading.

Anyone had any trouble with Type-1 or TT fonts on Leopard.
I have customers still using them, and I've been informed Leopard doesn't like them...?

I have 3 new Macs on order with Leopard pre-installed. We'll be using FontAgent Pro.
Thanks in advance.
Vee

EDIT: After reviewing the above mentioned document, it looks like it's Multi Master that's the problem causer. Anyone experience this yet? Thanks again.

Edited by: Vee on Feb 5, 2008 8:39 PM

I've been in discussions with my boss about considering MM
fonts corrupt unless they happen to work correctly. I'm not
willing to support a format that so few use, and that's so out
dated. I have a nagging feeling that I'll lose, but it's worth a
shot.

Cheers, Vee. Don't be a stranger at the other site either.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back