After updating to 10.6.8 can't print from other Laptop in network

josefcarel

I have a MacBook Pro 7.1 and a HP printer connected to the USB and before the update It was possible to print and see the Mac files from the Windows 7 laptop. Now I cant print and also I cant see Mac files. I have deleted and installed again the printer, restored permissions but nothing happens. I attache here the image of the Printer Sharing and the permissions:
101o0L0R3C190t3y3N3f

Solution of the problem

Solution of the problem

I found one of the programs I installed last days was making the problem to my network. A few days ago I installed "LogMeIn" who is a remote manager. I only quit it and the network connections starts to work correctly. I dont know what was the cause but for me to delete this was the solution.
:D

The last update of 10.6.8 messed up some Xerox network printers, and other brands as well. I could not print to my DC260. I did find a solution, which was basically something someone made that replaced some back end files that change with 10.6.8 with previous versions from 10.6.7

Xerox have released a patch for this, go to their web site and search for "Repair 10.6.8" download.

Or alternatively go to the Electro Music site below, where I first found the fix. Follow the link below, scroll down through the thread to find the patch/fix installer this guy created it works.

In fact if you follow the thread, he sent the fix to Xerox!

I found that the fix works best if you remove the printers, then Ctrl Click in the 'Printers' panel and select 'Reset printing system....'.

Then re install the Xerox printers, and then run the Repair patch. I have also been able to push the fix out using ARD.

Cheers
Phil

electro-music.com :: View topic - OS X 10.6.8 update kills network printing + a solution
''The OS X 10.6.8 update will kill network printing to most Bonjour laser printers. I suggest you all wait until Apple sorts this out.

The problem is this:
If you print to a Bonjour network printer from say Xerox .. .. what happens is that the printer queue will automatically pause.

The attachment is a zipped dmg file containing a pkg installer file made with Apple´s package maker.

What it does is replacing the broken files ( see my previous posts ) .
It might be smart to repair permissions after the installation.

The package file kan be installed over a network using ARD ( Apple Remote Desktop ). As previously stated the fix is intended for and it has been proven to work with a wide range of network laser printers. In all cases tested a reinstallation of the original printer drivers weren´t needed. You will of course have to restart the printer queue.''

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back