USB Print server

I have an all Mac wired network and want to add a USB printer to the network without having to use one of the macs as a print server. Can anyone suggest some usb print servers to me to add to my network that will allow all the macs on my network to see the usb printer. I have 2 printers I want to add an Epson 1400 and a Lexmark Z1300m. I don't want to spend a lot of money.

Thanks.
John

Re: USB Print server

You want something like the Apple Express Base Station but cheaper I guess. Would only take 1 usb out the box, not sure if it would be compatible with a USB hub attached then your printers.

Or try something like http://www.netgear.com/Products/PrintServers/WirelessPrintServers/WGPS606.aspx from Netgear could do the job, both wired and wireless. Would expect it to be Mac Compatible but I do not know for sure as I have not used one.

Hope that helps

Re: USB Print server

Haven't done it in a long time but I used to run a Hawking H-UC232S. It was very effective and allowed me to network up some USB printers for both Mac and Windows clients via TCP/IP. I have to warn you, it uses wires. I know it's old school....

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back