Anyone using OS Yosemite yet?

We have a Print Engine enabled FreeFlow RIP, however they only use that for specific jobs as we don't have a PDF standard, and PMS colors sent to the igen can't be adjusted for us once we print using the print engine. (I'm not a press operator, so I could be getting the terminology wrong, however that's how it was explained to me). We'll regularly get customer provided color samples to match, and they go into the igen rip and adjust the Coated/Uncoated PMS values to match as needed.

Still haven't figured out what is causing the scaling down on larger size sheets.....in my case it is almost a full 1/4 inch short on both the width and height. We may not have the most error-free workflow, as I'm sure others are willing to try NEW things, but the way I've used for the past 3 years worked well for me - now I've resorted to printing the larger sheets up via our PC Email server and it prints the correct size. Just ends up being more time-consuming especially on large files since the PC is ancient.

-C

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back