Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks and Zero K Fonts

prepressdork

Hi everyone,

We store customer work on a Windows 2003 Server using ExtremeZ-IP 5 (yes it's old). Since upgrading to Mavericks, some fonts show as zero K when viewing them on Mavericks but have size when viewing them with Snow Leopard.

Since AFP support appears to have been dropped in Mavericks (rendering ExtremeZ-IP useless?), my question is how do I fix this issue? Setting up a font server may be possible but understand that the fonts for each job travel with said job and are not all stored in one place. Would a newer version of ExtremeZ-IP fix this issue?

TIA,
pd

We have a Windows server (2008) and it works fine with OS 10.7 (Lion) connecting via SMB.
Every once in a while we will end up with 0k fonts when copying them from one folder to another, but that seems to be sporadic and I haven't nailed down exactly when or what causes that. But on the whole, fonts seem to be fine with it. (Of course this is just mac postscript fonts - OTF fonts never have the 0k problem).

get into the habit of zipping the Document Fonts folder before copying to the SMB server, this gives you a protected back up set.

Hi everyone,

We store customer work on a Windows 2003 Server using ExtremeZ-IP 5 (yes it's old). Since upgrading to Mavericks, some fonts show as zero K when viewing them on Mavericks but have size when viewing them with Snow Leopard.

Since AFP support appears to have been dropped in Mavericks (rendering ExtremeZ-IP useless?), my question is how do I fix this issue? Setting up a font server may be possible but understand that the fonts for each job travel with said job and are not all stored in one place. Would a newer version of ExtremeZ-IP fix this issue?

TIA,
pd

I also run a Windows 2003 Server and use 10.9 Mavericks.
We are one version behind on ExtremeZ•IP. The current is version 9 and we are on version 8.
I am not experiencing these issues.
BTW, AFP support has not been dropped. It is just that SMB2 is now the default protocol, but you can still use AFP if you wish.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back