Sudden Mac/PC Network Failure. Need Help

Collapse
Canon
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wanted to update everyone. I am not aware of any update that was installed, but it seems as though either a security update was applied on that reboot I mentioned, or an exploit was patched accidentally. Basically, OS 10.9 should not have been able to communicate with Windows 2000 running a HQRip v.7 - However, somehow it was successful for years through Scriptworks and a NT Print configuration on the rip end. It suddenly stopped accepting login info even though it was all correct. So we bypassed everything by printing via socket connection. We just gave the printer profile it's own port number and used the rip's IP and the port number to connect and print directly.

I was also able to fix a pesky PPD version error that had existed since my last installation a few years ago. It never gave me any errors, but it's nice to know that I'm now running the intended PPD rather than a generic one.

Thanks again to everyone for your input on this.
    -Rob

Comment

KBASmartsoft (Presswise)DuploXerox4OverCanon

Zero Setup Time

Collapse

Zero Setup Time:
    Myth Or Reality?

As the twenty-first century opened, Koenig & Bauer had already anticipated the need for the coexistence of conventional and digital printing, and had begun to develop the technology that is today empowering offset printers to meet those challenges.

Read the Article.

Smartsoft (Presswise)KBAXerox " "DuploCanon4OverNeopost

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8467 users online. 110 members and 8357 guests.

Most users ever online was 14,674 at 05:29 AM on 10-30-2019.

Working...
    X