IBM Lotus Notes

Dario

Hi there,
I have a problem since we are forced to use IBM Lotus Notes for emailing...
Anybody here available to handle a technical question about it?

Ah-ah! :)
Maybe it's already Domino, I don't know. They call it Lotus, but the problem with the emails is still there.

What is the exact problem you have? As a fellow Notes victim I may or may not confirm that I am suffering from the same :(
I am not technically savvy about Notes though

The majority of my coworkers uses it to send/forward emails to me BUT I am using Mail.app client on Mac OsX.
The problem is most of their emails loose hyperlinks and text formatting.
This result in a major problem e.g. with wetransfer emails.
The strange thing is just one of my Lotus coworkers sends perfectly formatted emails with hyperlinks too!
So that means the problem can be solved - I pointed it out to the IT man but he's fumbling in the dark!
I'd like to know how to change their Lotus settings as the same as the working one, to avoid this problem.
(sorry for the bad English)

Quite some advice pops up when you google 'ibm notes forward mail formatting'
Some of it seems to require an admin to check or change settings so I guess it is your IT guy who needs to investigate this further.
We have a similar issue with emails from one of our internal systems that go completely black when you forward them from Notes to another user using Notes. Drives me nuts.

Hello darioluca,

Been a mac Notes user since 2009. Delighted to say goodbye to it one year ago. You need to make sure your version of Mac OSX and Java on your mac are suitable for your version on your lotus notes server. Your colleague might be on a earlier version than you.

Let me know if you are still struggling and I will speak to my notes guru for assistance.

I'm not a Notes or Domino user, but have had similar issues going from Exchange to Apple Mail or Eudora/Thunderbird etc
The issue is in the way the mail client handles HTML formatted messages
This may be useful:

Hello darioluca,

Been a mac Notes user since 2009. Delighted to say goodbye to it one year ago. You need to make sure your version of Mac OSX and Java on your mac are suitable for your version on your lotus notes server. Your colleague might be on a earlier version than you.

Let me know if you are still struggling and I will speak to my notes guru for assistance.

The problem here is I'm not using Notes client but Mail.app client (or Thunderbird, etc.)

I'm not a Notes or Domino user, but have had similar issues going from Exchange to Apple Mail or Eudora/Thunderbird etc
The issue is in the way the mail client handles HTML formatted messages
This may be useful:

Thanks, yeah, I've already found that page googling by myself and pointed it out to my IT man, but with no results from him!
Maybe is he a dumb?
He says the settings are the same for all the accounts, but STILL I have just one of them sending me differently formatted emails.
:(

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back