Choosing the Right Printer for Postcards

bchandler14

Hi All! I am looking for some help with choosing the right equipment for our business. We currently do all of our direct mailing in-house. We send around 2,000 letters per week but would like to start sending postcards as well. I am having a hard time finding the right printer to handle the heavier stock paper. We would be sending out approximately 2,000 6” x 8.5” postcards per week. I am looking for a printer that is efficient on time and production cost. Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction or help educate me on my options? Thanks in advance!

At 4-up on a 13 x 19 sheet, that's only 500 sheets per week. Not much volume there. I'd job it out until your volume increases substantially.

I agree with MailGuru, that is a small volume and you are probably better off at the moment outsourcing that till your volume increases. You add maintenance and the headaches that come with digital printing for a very small volume.

What is the weight of the stock you are printing on? Guessing a 10pt or around there. There are plenty of machines that will handle that weight, just not sure if it will be cost effective to spend the money on a machine for that run length.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back