Dual Monitor Setup on older Mac

pajdzn

I have to set up a Dual monitor system for proofing files and the Mac I have to use is an older Power Mac G4 with 2 monitor ports - a DVI port, which is fine, and an ADC port, which is a problem. I will be using 2 22" or 24" LCD displays, side by side and they will most likely be DVI and VGA connectable. What do I need to connect them to this Mac. Will a VGA splitter work or do I need to add a PCI video card for the second monitor? I was looking for an ADC-to-DVI adapter but they seem to be hard to come by these days.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

I already checked there, they only carry DVI to ADC adapters now, what I need has been discontinued.

But thank you anyway for the response.

I dare say check Ebay.
All sorts of stuff pops up there.

Your best bet is to get another video card. They should be easy to get a hold of.
I probably have 1 or 2 in drawer somewhere.

-ian

I have a Dr Bott DVI Extractor II which converts from ADC port to DVI, that I might be tempted to part with. I paid $54 CDN including taxes for it, so I would be willing to let it go for that, plus shipping, if you are interested. Let me know.
Chris

For a similar reason I bought an ATI Radeon (PCI) from OWC as I wanted to keep my AGP card aswell. The PCI is definitely not the fastest... but good quality

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back