Monitor on G4 imac going black

My imacs monitor keeps going black. The computer is still on but the only way to recover is to hold the power button down until it shuts down. then I have to restart.
Has anyone had this problem.

John

Re: Monitor on G4 imac going black

Have you checked the Enrgy Sver settings in System Preferences to make sure that the monitor and harddrive is set to always on? And have you turned the screensaver off too?

Don

The energy saver is all off. I do have a superman screen saver from Useless Creations running. I guess I will turn that off and use a stock screen saver and see if that works. The only thing is that I have been running that screensaver for a year with no problems.

You might want to try cleaning out your cache files. Toss the monitor preferences at least.

I was just saying turn the screen saver off, not pick another one. This way we could tell if Energy Saver is set to Never (as in never go into energy saver mode) and Start Screen Saver is set to Never, then we could at least know that there is a problem with the monitor, and not happening because it's trying to go to sleep or to screen saver.

Don

It looks like just shutting off the screen saver did the trick. I guess the latest software update is not compatible with the screensaver.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back