video card type for a HUGE 30" HP monitor??

macdudeken

Hi all, just purchased a HP 30" LCD and figured I may need a new video card. sure enough, my G4 Powermac will only display at 1280 X 800. this thing maxes at 2560 X 1600!

Wanna know what HP tech support told me? They told me I should BUY a HP workstation with all the bells and whistles!!!

My question for you is this: which video card do you recommend in this case?

Thanks!

Re: video card type for a HUGE 30" HP monitor??

30" cinema with a 9650 here supports 2560 x 1600

Really how did I survive with a crappy little 20"

when this thing came in, I thought the same thing. It's freakin' HUGE. now that I'm viewing 2560 X 1600 color calibrated, all I can say is WOW, I'm ready for anything color related...

What are you guys using to calibrate color on the 30" HP and Cinema? I'm currently testing both against my old Eizo 24" and could not get the HP or Cinema briteness dialed down enough using our Spyder Elite package and the color was different on the two so I tried calibrating with my Eye One and Profilemaker and it did get the brightness down on the HP so it closely matched the Eizo but it still didn't get the briteness down enough on the Cinema. They're both hooked up to a new MacPro, 10.5.2, dual quad core, 8gig.

Also the Cinema for whatever reason does not have the richness\depth\detail of the HP or Eizo. I was skeptical about the HP vs. the Cinema, but this is what I've found. The Eizo was still the best, matches our press sheets pretty close with no tweaking, just calibrating with the Spyder and the Eizo Color Navigator software.

Terry

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back