Konica Minolta C6501 scanning problems

lexcreate

Not sure if anyone can help with this.

We have a Konica Minolta C6501 scanner component on our printer. We have had success scanning and having the doc. sent to a server (workgroup - windows environment) in a specific folder. Recently it just stopped working! The scanner goes through the motions and according to the job list it indicates the scan is complete and without errors. When I go to the server and check the scans folder, nothing is there. We press the SMB (server message block) button to enable this.

We have had a technician in and he has checked the IP address and he tried sending a scan to an email (his blackberry) , it never got there, even though the computer said it was "complete" and sent without errors.

Our internal IT person has had a look at the firewall settings, anti-virus and has noted nothing changed on his end to make the scans disappear into thin air.

If anyone can shed any light on this conundrum, that would be great.

Alexis Pacey
Publications Manager
NAFO Secretariat

I think it has both. I know for sure we have fiery. It's on my computer and the printer has limited capacity to print from it's own computer.
Alexis

Problem is solved. Had to reboot the printer, fiery component on the printer and unplug the printer. Then restarted everything; it seemed to work after that. I have found this printer to be very finicky in many ways.

Any chance the password for the network user account used to access the server had expired or been changed?

Mark H

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back