Aftermarket consumables for MGI printer

Justen

The company I work for recently bought an MGI Meteor DP60 Pro and put me in charge. I've never run a printing press of any kind and am learning as I go. I have been learning a lot just by searching and reading this site, but this is my first post. What I do know is that six months after we bought the printer, MGI raised the prices of their consumables by about 30%. Does anyone know if the toner for this machine is proprietary?

After hunting around on the Web for awhile, I've learned that the DP60 is considered a souped-up Konica C6500. Will the C6500 toner work in the DP60? What about drums? Or am I simply at the mercy of MGI?

Any direction you could give would be greatly appreciated. As I said, I'm very green in the world of digital printing and I don't even have the luxury of a trainer to show me around. Thanks in advance.

Aftermarket consumables for MGI printer

The company I work for recently bought an MGI Meteor DP60 Pro and put me in charge. I've never run a printing press of any kind and am learning as I go. I have been learning a lot just by searching and reading this site, but this is my first post. What I do know is that six months after we bought the printer, MGI raised the prices of their consumables by about 30%. Does anyone know if the toner for this machine is proprietary?

After hunting around on the Web for awhile, I've learned that the DP60 is considered a souped-up Konica C6500. Will the C6500 toner work in the DP60? What about drums? Or am I simply at the mercy of MGI?

Any direction you could give would be greatly appreciated. As I said, I'm very green in the world of digital printing and I don't even have the luxury of a trainer to show me around. Thanks in advance.

Justen,
Did you where one could buy Aftermarket consumables for MGI printer?
If anyone hear anything please let me know.

[email protected]

Hello,

I am an employee of MGI USA. Please contact us with any questions you may have about MGI consumables- we would be more than happy to help.

Holly Haley
Marketing Coordinator
(321) 751- 6755
[email protected]

U can use Minolta parts directly, as all they do is put a sticker on minolta boxes ;) Only problem is drums and ink, those two have been actually modified by MGI and u cant find others

Sorry to dig out an old post.

The company I worked with just bought a used Mgi dp60 pro digital press from Europe. After installation, we having "Please close front door" message on the screen.

I am personally new to Mgi machines. But I work more with konica Minolta digital presses.

Please do you have an idea how we can solve this problem. We have tried to find the cause but to no avail. Please advise us on this matter and what to do.

Your response will be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help.

Richmond Darko

Richmond - Check the door to the engine - not the sliding outer door, but the door that allows you access to the drums and developer units. I recall on my old DP60 I had to lift the door a bit before the screw lined up with the hole. Also check the that the ADU drawer is locked. I don't think the outer sliding door has any type of switch indicating the position.

Hello Crajos, thank you for your response. I have lined up the screw with the hole and also locked the ADU drawer. But still, the same on screen message "Please close front door". Where can I locate the front door switch and the photo sensor.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards

Dear all,
We still cannot figure out how to fix the "Please close front door" message that is on the touch panel. We have made sure the ADU is locked properly but still the same problem and is not resolved. We really need your help. Can anyone help us?
Thank you

Dear all,
We still cannot figure out how to fix the "Please close front door" message that is on the touch panel. We have made sure the ADU is locked properly but still the same problem and is not resolved. We really need your help. Can anyone help us?
Thank you

Place a service call with MGI or your local dealer. You're losing more money on lost production waiting for someone in the forum to respond than you would on a parts/hourly labor bill.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back