Air Purifier

larryg4b

We just moved from a warehouse building to a shop with drop ceilings and have noticed more of a smell from the press room clean up solvents. Was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for an air purifier that would help to eliminate the smell.

Sounds more like a ventilation problem... Isn't a purifier just going to mask the problem, but leave you breathing the chems constantly?

Those chemicals aren't going to be removed by any standard purifier. You need ventilation.

I dont think you can just vent the fumes into the atmosphere either. May need to consult your local government about the regulations in your area, if your location is California I would do my research.

Assuming your neighbor is using Low-VOC clean up solvents, how about politely asking them if there is an alternative with lower odor that they might be able to use?

I know it sounds sarcastic..

Every manufacturer has at least 3 to 4 different washes to accomodate the needs of the printer. I'm sure that they can settle on something.

We just moved from a warehouse building to a shop with drop ceilings and have noticed more of a smell from the press room clean up solvents. Was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for an air purifier that would help to eliminate the smell.
How about changing to chemicals that don't smell? Changing your printing manufacturing process would be a lot easier than trying to filter out the smell.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back