Endurance gloss text

Pressmanscooter

I've been having some issues with endurance gloss text. Mostly paper dirt and coating picking off the sheet and making hickies. Anybody have any thoughts on this brand or similar issues?

Thanks

It has relatively high gloss for a #2-3 grade free sheet, but the coatings' integrity to the base has been seen to be problematic in some situations.
Suggestion would be to try another similar stock of basis weight, brightness and whiteness. Even if the stock you try is a bit more expensive, present this to your vendor/supplier and see if they might receive an honest technical response.

Also, is this a web or sheeted stock you are employing?

We can dig into all the other variables in the offset process to remedy, but my aforementioned suggestion is a good place to commence. D

I'm not sure about their nationwide distribution, but from the east coast to at least here in KC, KS Endurance is made by UPM Kymmene. We've been running it as our house sheet since just after they switched to UPM. We love it. The color is great and it prints well. It's not the cheapest sheet, but it's almost 100% trouble free. So for all that it's worth a bit of a premium. I'm very surprised you're having trouble with it. What does Xpedx say?

I run a 40" Heidelberg sheetfed. Endurance has been our house sheet since I've been working at this shop. I've been getting a LOT of hickies that appear to be paper coating. I've changed inks, even tried a reduced tack set. no help. Yellow and red seems to be affected the most. You can easily see the rollers in the yellow have a lot of white specks on them. It's almost like endurance changed their coating, or we just got a really dirty lot (80,000 sheets). Ran 100# Endurance gloss cover today and same problems, just as bad if not worse than the text. Stoping constantly to clean hickies off the plate. Havn't contacted Xpedx. There either clueless or they won't share what they know. Usually Endurance is a trouble free sheet, but when major problems like this show up, I'm afraid its got to be the paper.

I run a 40" Heidelberg sheetfed. Endurance has been our house sheet since I've been working at this shop. I've been getting a LOT of hickies that appear to be paper coating. I've changed inks, even tried a reduced tack set. no help. Yellow and red seems to be affected the most. You can easily see the rollers in the yellow have a lot of white specks on them. It's almost like endurance changed their coating, or we just got a really dirty lot (80,000 sheets). Ran 100# Endurance gloss cover today and same problems, just as bad if not worse than the text. Stoping constantly to clean hickies off the plate. Havn't contacted Xpedx. There either clueless or they won't share what they know. Usually Endurance is a trouble free sheet, but when major problems like this show up, I'm afraid its got to be the paper.

Iatoldya. D

Although, this is an offset discussion, I've used Endurance Digital on my Xerox as my house sheet with no trouble- runs great, looks great and affordable. But my last two orders of the 100lb gloss text have been horrible! Well, the price is still great and the print looks good but they double feed like crazy! Even sucking in 4 or 5 sheets at a time. Cleaned feed rollers then replaced feed rollers, service tech looked at it and I even increased the humidity in my shop. No other paper in my shop double feeds which caused me to suspect the paper. So I switched brands and the feeding problems went away. Sorry to bring digital into an offset discussion.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back